Cleaning or bringing textured black exteria trim back to life...Help please

S3 Paul

Reaction score
I have a mk2 VW Golf which has recently been painted , The problem is the black Gti body kit is looking very dirty and grey. I havent fitted it again yet as i would like to try and clean/ treat it with something to do the new paintwork some justice.
I did look to buy a new kit but as with alot of older cars... Its just not available anymore.
Are there any products/secrets that will help me out?
Thanks

I have a mk2 VW Golf which has recently been painted , The problem is the black Gti body kit is looking very dirty and grey. I havent fitted it again yet as i would like to try and clean/ treat it with something to do the new paintwork some justice.
I did look to buy a new kit but as with alot of older cars... Its just not available anymore.
Are there any products/secrets that will help me out?
Thanks

Swissvax Plastic Wash: Swissvax Plastic Wash | Swissvax Car Care & Detailing Products not cheap, but definitely worth it: and it works.

Clark did a MK2 a wee while back and raved about Plastic Wash: the write up is here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detailing/113369-polished-bliss%AE-mk-ii-golf-gti.html

:)

auto glym trim cleaner is good stuff ive used that many times before on black trim gives great results

Do you want to know a trade secret........????

Yes i hear you say, well a HEAT GUN!!!!

Use a heat gun and fan it left and right etc approx 6 inches away from plastic, make sure you keep it moving to stop it burning etc

this brings the plastics back to new and lasts forever.......you wont have to keep dressing it with sticky sh*t it will just stay black

You will see when you do it, move it closer or further depending on results

worked in bodyshops for years and have done this soooooooo many times with amazing results!!!!

Practice on something first if your not confident..........its a piece of p*ss to do

Have fun