Cleaning interior

Chris5

Reaction score
What do you use to clean the interior plastics around the gearstick, door handle area and the area where the window buttons are. The window button area is the worst for me whatever I use it always leaves a mark

I use glasses cleaner i picked up from specsavers, £2 maximum, clears any grease spots and is delicate on the plastic, no residue either obviously otherwise i wouldnt be able to see!

Reactions: enc, richinsoton and Chris5
Never expected that answer but sounds pretty good. Do you use a mirogibre clothes or the glasses cloth? Will buy that and try it out cheers

I generally spray it onto a waffle weave microfibre
no worries

Reactions: Chris5
I use a tiny amount of glass cleaner for around the switch gear,gear selector,mmi etc... When it's rarely needed,as for the interior plastics dashboard handles etc a damp drying towel...it really all depends on regularly you clean the interior mate?

Reactions: pburv and Chris5
A very slightly damp MF followed up quickly by a dry one. No streaks left. I've used glass cleaner before but it can leave spot marks if you're not carefully. As @jassyo06 said spray it onto a MF first!

Reactions: pburv, Chris5, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Interesting about the glasses cleaner. I use it for phone screen and my guitar pickups.

Absolutely hate doing the interior so tried to find a product that I could spray on the trim, chrome bits, plastic bits and the pretend leather on doors without leaving streaks. I dilute grime out apc sprayed on a microfibre and wipe, works brilliant and good value for
money as I use it as a pre wash, wheels, engine bay and on the carpet.

Aldi baby wipes and dry microfibre cloths.
Even on the leather!
Toothbrush to get all of the crap out of the tiny gaps! Hoover up the crap and a microfibre mit for any dust and crap left. The aldi wipes leave a nice finish aslong as you buff with a cloth.
69p a pack!

No way...it censors that word...c......r....a....p....

Reactions: scotty76