Cleaning help - white / silver stitching on S3 steering wheel

Pulp84

Reaction score
For whatever reason, Audi think its a great idea to fit white / silver stitching to the 8V steering wheel.Absolutely the best at showing grime!

In 1350 miles since May it appears my steering wheel has some now got some very dirty stitching in places. But surprised really as my last Audi had similar colour stitching but never seemed to get dirty. I must not be washing my hands as much......dirty boy.

I have attempted to remove the smudges with water and a microfibre. No joy.

Reluctant to get any chemicals on it (and the leather) without getting some advice. Can anyone recommend a good product to help me clean these marks?

Have you tried APC? (all purpose cleaner)
Thay may do the trick, if not, Autosmart Brisk

Seems like you need to drive your pride and joy with a fresh pair of latex gloves every drive. It wont take much to damage the leather so try some leather furniture wipes from places like Wilko

Fragrance free baby wipes. Gentle rubbing will get the grime off.

Then re-nourish the leather with the usual leather products.

Cheers guys ;)

The Mrs keeps baby wipes for make up removal duty so will give them a go.

Yes Steeve - will invest in some driving gloves as white stitching is just asking for trouble ! Haha

Re the baby wipes - if you can find fragrance free and moisturiser free that would be good.

If it's particularly mucky, a watered down/weak solution of Oxi-Clean (other brands are available) or any other oxygenating bleach (different to chlorine bleach) - will lift the grime with a toothbrush.

Re the baby wipes - if you can find fragrance free and moisturiser free that would be good.

If it's particularly mucky, a watered down/weak solution of Oxi-Clean (other brands are available) or any other oxygenating bleach (different to chlorine bleach) - will lift the grime with a toothbrush.

Yep got fragrance free ones - Mrs Pulp has a stash in her lair (make up room).

Good shout on diluted oxi-clean - hadn't thought of that! Will give that a go if no joy with baby wipes.

Somewhat taken a back seat as trying to find a decent bodyshop for the bonnet damage :(