Cleaning flys off screen

Toonsoldier91

It's my birthday
Reaction score
morning everyone.

Just after some advice on how to remove flys from the screen with out causing any scratches etc.

At the moment I'm washing the screen every 2 days as the amount of flys that I'm hitting is unreal but what's the best way to do this ?

I use g6 perfect glass buff off with a microfibre then go over again with a gtechniq mf5 power glass cloth. Do you think I'd be better going over with some soapy water with a squeegee and window vac first or will I be fine just using microfibres then the mf5 cloth?

A amazing product for flies is Carpro Bug-Out, it is impressive, another way is to use a window scraper with a knife blade in it, clean the window first with window cleaner, then soak the glass with window cleaner again but only part of it and scrape the glass with the blade and then clean it again, there’s a Ammo-NYC video on YouTube how to do it properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Sandra
A amazing product for flies is Carpro Bug-Out, it is impressive, another way is to use a window scraper with a knife blade in it, clean the window first with window cleaner, then soak the glass with window cleaner again but only part of it and scrape the glass with the blade and then clean it again, there’s a Ammo-NYC video on YouTube how to do it properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks might have to get some of that for the front of my car, I can only wash the car once every 8 days min as I work 7 days in a row before any days off. It's a killer having to look at the amount of flys everyday lol

I'm cleaning the windscreen/front of car every day when I get home at the moment.

I use water and a microfiber towel on the front/grill and standard bounty on the windscreen, they key is to get them off early and not leave them to back in the sun for hours.

I'm cleaning the windscreen/front of car every day when I get home at the moment.

I use water and a microfiber towel on the front/grill and standard bounty on the windscreen, they key is to get them off early and not leave them to back in the sun for hours.

Unfortunately I have no choice to to let them bake in the sun. Just washed it before trip to work and there must be 100 flys on the screen. And won't get back from work till 02:30am lol

Don't laugh, but carry a little bottle of water and said towels, clean the car when I arrive at meetings etc.

I get some funny looks for sure, don't care though.

tbf I have been known to due this to stop fall out from trees etc:
Cling 3

Reactions: RS5 JON and scotty76
Sorry but I am laughing... loudly!

I've heard of wrapping a car... But not with cling film!

Reactions: daytonamart and oli356
When i was up north a couple of weeks ago it was a serious problem, visibility at the end of the day (or even half way through the day) was terrible... petrol station, go to the tyre inflator machine and use the water tap to pour all over the windscreen, then a baby wipe and some elbow grease haha.

When i was up north a couple of weeks ago it was a serious problem, visibility at the end of the day (or even half way through the day) was terrible... petrol station, go to the tyre inflator machine and use the water tap to pour all over the windscreen, then a baby wipe and some elbow grease haha.

I'm from up north ( depending where your from obvs )

Northumberland. Plenty of countryside and tons of flys to squash lol

Will give her some tlc tomorrow or Wednesday

I'm from up north ( depending where your from obvs )

Northumberland. Plenty of countryside and tons of flys to squash lol

Will give her some tlc tomorrow or Wednesday
That's too far north for me to understand :) I was around Yorkshire Dales / Lake District at time. Never killed so many flys lol.

My cleaning method was just a pain though haha.