Cleaning Black A6 avant

indianbelters

Reaction score
Hi.
I'm after some advice, i recently bought my a6 avant, never owned a black car in the past.
Was wondering if i could get some advise on the best way of cleaning it, to avoid swirls etc.
Also is there anything i can apply to the paintwork to make it easier to clean in the future?
The previous owner had autoglym lifeshine put on it new.

Thanks

My last car was a black one (black TT). Apart from the usual things (prewash, 2 bucket method, lambswool mitt etc), I would suggest when using the mitt start from the top down, only 1 panel each time and move the mitt in straight lines rather than circular motions across the panel to wash it. Then rinse off before moving to the next panel.

I remember a recommendation from a detailer somewhere that its easier to remove straight scratches than circular ones, so if any do appear (from dirt etc that you couldn't forsee), at least they would be easier to remove!). Makes sense I suppose!

Thanks. Yeah i always start top down anyways. As there is always more dirt towards the bottom of the car, need to find a wax which makes cleaning easier and hides swirls etc

Sorry! I started using Poorboys Blackhole before using a wax/sealant when I cleaned the car (Post wash) Its a glaze/filler which helps hide any light swirls etc. Hope that helps. I'm sure there are other people on here who have some other suggestions as well.

Reactions: indianbelters
Been looking at poorboys blackhole, but i'm leaning towards angelwax dark angel.
Thanks for your help :)

Black hole doesn't have very good longevity or durability on its so Dark angel would be your lsp applied after your black hole do give your car a great finish and the protection that will last.

Reactions: RobbieWebs
Black hole doesn't have very good longevity or durability on its so Dark angel would be your lsp applied after your black hole do give your car a great finish and the protection that will last.

Agree with Shariain :)
I bought poorboys black hole first and really don't rate it by itself.
Good for swirls but doesn't last long.
Save ur cash and buy Dark Angel and Angelwax QED ( quik detailer) for after washes, ul be impressed ;)

just to clarify, I was suggesting using black hole then adding a coat of wax on top, not just on its own. The other gents are probably giving better advice however..

Reactions: RobbieWebs
just to clarify, I was suggesting using black hole then adding a coat of wax on top, not just on its own. The other gents are probably giving better advice however..

Agree with u totally m8 sorry I must have misread :)

You could also have a look at chemical guys black light and autobrite directs cherry glaze both excellent products at hiding defects prior to lsp application.

You should contact Brodster on here for your dark angel I'm sure he has a deal running just now.

Reactions: Brodster
Got to wait 2 weeks till i get her back before i can use these goodies :(