Cleaning and conditioning black leather in my S3

Beenie

Reaction score
What can you guy recommend for me to buy for cleaning the leather in my S3? I also wanna condition it to keep it looking and feeling good.

Have been looking at chemical guys Extreme leather cleaner and conditioner, anyone every used them?

I'm with mattfin - have used autoglym leather cleaner and feeder for the last 6 years. It does the job, lifts the rubbish and feeds the leather so it's soft, supple and smells good! The dimples in the standard leather seat on an S3 are a right pain in the backside though! The feeder gather in the dimples as you're rubbing it in!!!
Worth the effort though

Gliptone liquid leather!!!!!!!! none of the 'off shelf' products even come close!

Gliptone is the way forward. I've got the AG and Meg's ones along with the Zymol one and the Gliptone one is by far the better product.

J.

Brilliant, cheers guys!

whats the best way to apply it?

I've tried several of the 'better' options (not the Gliptone stuff though) and I revert back to Autoglym every time.
It still leaves the best matt finish of all the types I've tried.

I apply with a microfibre covered foam pad, let it soak in, then buff off with a microfibre towel.
Job done.

The gliptone conditioner is the one that I use and it leaves a nice matt finsih, also seems to restore the leather smell.

I've got the cleaner but never had to use it.

J.

yup i have been autoglym for years and switched to Gliptone reluctantly...... amazing stuff.... the cleaner does the job and leaves an almost exact leather smell IMO...never gonna stray....considering buying the colour wash kit next to clear a bit of discolourant in my drivers seat base

Gliptone = cheap but good quality

Cheers for the comments chaps. I've been on the hunt for new leather products for the store, and after my bad experience with a dodgy old bottle of gliptone I think I may revisit it. :thumbsup:

yea I've gone and ordered some gliptone liquid leather cleaner and conditioner, will post my findings asap!