Cleaning 19" matt titanium wheels

Paddyh747

Reaction score
is it just me or have the rest of you experienced problems cleaning your wheels?
Got the car details and ceramic coated as soon as I got it. For the life of me no matter what I use I can't seem to clean the brake dust off the wheels properly.
Detailed is baffled as well and wondering if it's the pads in the car. Anyone else with an s4 any issues?

is it just me or have the rest of you experienced problems cleaning your wheels?
Got the car details and ceramic coated as soon as I got it. For the life of me no matter what I use I can't seem to clean the brake dust off the wheels properly.
Detailed is baffled as well and wondering if it's the pads in the car. Anyone else with an s4 any issues?

Yup! It's a complete PITA, I think a lot to do with the Matt finish on the wheels which I think needs a special type of protection, hoping to quiz some people at WaxStock next weekend to see what the answers could be.

Did you try using Bilt Hamber Auto-Wheel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have glimmerman wheel cleaner and tried iron fallout remover. I spend as long trying to clean the wheels as the rest of the car. If I rub them it feels like the dust is greasy or something.
The wheels got a ceramic coating as well, then were stripped and redone to see if it helped.
Cracks me up!

Been using bilberry for years and works perfectly on my 19" RS wheels on my S4.

Berry easy to use and ph neutral.

Worth every penny.

IMG 1858

Reactions: cuke2u
I'll give it a go as well. Willing to try everything.

I will try BH Auto-Wheel and BH Korrosol. Have seeem it do wonders for me.

They are a pain, very quickly get dirty too, Bilberry on order

I think the point is with a protective coating like the OP mentioned, they should make cleaning the wheels easy, yet I find myself sitting on the floor going round each one with AF Imperial and a small detailing brush to work it into each one, before then going around again with the mitt and wheel woolies to give me a good clean before I start on the rest of the car.
I've got some Gyeon Q2 Rim that I've been waiting to use, but not sure it's going to make like any easier.

Same here mine are not coated yet and hoped that was going to be the way forward. Wonder if they need a cloth like used to clean plastidip?

Tbh, S4 pads create s**t loads of dust and all I use is BH Wheel cleaner, leave it for between 1-2 mins/wheel and jet wash. They come out like new. I do coat them with PB Wheel Sealant but even on occasions when I haven't I don't think I have had any different results.

My V spokes on the RS4 were coated with gtechnic from new. The car is coming up to 3 years old in September and all I do is spray with Bilberry and jet wash. They come up pretty good. All I then do is use a wash mit for the back of the spokes and the wheel barrel.
The pads do leave a lot of dust, I tend to clean them and the rest of the car every two weeks at this time of year.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bilberry as someone else suggested. Mine haven't been coated. But this stuff does the trick

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Paddyh747