Classic car stolen

Raiden

Reaction score
My wife has her austin mini nicked from a lockup in Leighton Buzzard over the weekend. I'm thinking as its rare they will probably try and break it. Other than ebay anything else I could try to try and find it?

Attachments

• IMG_20190507_130940_101.jpg
    IMG_20190507_130940_101.jpg
    332.2 KB · Views: 233
Sorry to hear that Nathan. :(

Reactions: Raiden
Thanks Sandra. It was insured but she's not bothered about the money. It was her first car when she passed at 17 so its more the sentimental value.

Get over to retro rides and post it

Get it posted onto @stolenwheels twitter account.

Was the car drivable, or likely lifted/towed?

Get it posted onto @stolenwheels twitter account.

Was the car drivable, or likely lifted/towed?
None runner. But how no one caught them robing from a load of garages is beyond me. About 8 in total got done

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Wow, 8 cars and not one raised any suspicion :wtf:

Good luck in trying to track it down. Post on every classic mini forum you know of...

Wow, 8 cars and not one raised any suspicion :wtf:

Good luck in trying to track it down. Post on every classic mini forum you know of...
Oh and 2 houses behind the garages that weekend got robbed. Unbelievable

Xmas came early for these thieves

With thieves like that, passive anti-theft deterrents are not going to work.

Sounds like an organised gang, that you’re lucky not to have crossed paths with. With that many cars, plus the house robberies, the gang responsible are going to lie low for a while. Hope the police are all over it.

The Police will be next to useless..
.............correct but god forbid you try to block a speed camera van & they will chase you to the ends of the earth to find you & jail you !!!. My mates work van got broke into, over £5000.00 worth of tools & equiptment stolen & all they did was give him a crime number,not even a visit.

Does it have any unique parts, marks to keep an eye out for on the likes of eBay, gumtree etc? Gutted for you mate too many wasters now days

.............correct but god forbid you try to block a speed camera van & they will chase you to the ends of the earth to find you & jail you !!!. My mates work van got broke into, over £5000.00 worth of tools & equiptment stolen & all they did was give him a crime number,not even a visit.

It's a kind of sponsored stealth tax as the insurance premiums go up thus revenue .

Police did forensics yesterday due to the amount of people turned over. Only clue was a oily foot print in our garage. I think the local pikeys took it as there's been a few break ins by them in the area and lots of tools nicked

you'll probably find that the insurance won't pay up next as your garage wasn't as secure as fort knox.

I've been given this mad theory. What do you think?

Ok so there's 12 garages but 2 of them can be seen on this old boys CCTV. One way in and out and he's looked through 30 days of footage and nothing. Just a couple guys a few times going in and whenever they do it's about 4am in the morning and looking dodgy.

Now the car has not moved in over 10 years and must of been well seized. No tyre tracks or evidence of it being wheeled out. Now my mate said looking around the garages this car would of taken ages to get plus a recovery track or trailer would have a nightmare getting down there. You sure you're car ain't being hidden in one of these other garages and when you get paid out and forget about the car. Then 1 day take it out? Who would think to look for it there?

Reactions: Tj 0785
Sounds possible,if it’s been sat that long I imagine it has flat tyres/locked brakes and would be hard to push,Could you not stick a camera up somewhere like a go pro on top of the other garages with a better view and see if it sees them moving it they could well be trying to free the Wheels up so it can be drove out in middle of the night

Do these late night visits occur on nights when there were local burglaries by any chance I wonder

Forgive me if I’m reading this wrong but it doesn’t make sense to me.

You said earlier in the thread that 8 garages got done. Now if there’s 12 in total and 2 can be seen on this old guys cctv which I’m guessing never got done because you said there was nothing to see on the cctv apart from a couple guys coming in about 4 in the morning then there is only 2 garages left where your wife’s car could be.

Surely if the police were shown this footage then they could gain a warrant to search the 2 remaining garages.

Also if there is only one way in and one way out and nothing was seen being taken away then surely all the stolen stuff must be in one of those garages too no?

**** it go swat mode drill a little hole in the doors and stick a little inspection camera in, seriously though every garage door there’s seems to be a little gap underneath try and slide a cheap eBay 8mm inspection camera under the door if you think it’s in the remaining 2 garages no damage no one will know

Yeah my mother in-law got the number of garages wrong. Before the car got stolen I had physically only been there once and that was in 2012. But I counted more than she told us.

I've given the chief of police and chief executive of the local council a email moaning about it. They've called my mother in-law today as it's her garage and there trying to see if they can get a warrant for them all. I said if you don't I'll endoscopic all of them myself

It would probably be quicker than Waiting on a warrant

Reactions: Pinky1959 and Raiden
Wow the story has gone viral!!!

It's been on the BBC news website. And a couple news papers have found the story and want to run it

Not sure if I should file a complaint or not against the police. Last few days of dealing with them they haven't been helpful and have been really rude to my wife.

Anyway I emailed the police chief a couple times over it and he's given someone a kick up the backside and we now have a DI looking into it. Unknown to us but this detective has said looking into the case that the car came up on the ANPR in Watford on the 8th (day after it was reported stolen) but for some reason officers didn't do anything and no one followed it up. Should I leave him to get on with it looking into it or should I moan some more?

I can only think me plasting it all over fb and the web the thieves had to move the car so not to get caught?

Wow the story has gone viral!!!

It's been on the BBC news website. And a couple news papers have found the story and want to run it

I read this in the daily mirror a few days ago and figured that it was from this thread.
Can only be a good thing to spread the word!
Any luck or leads yet?

Reactions: Sandra
Cops from Luton have left there details in a shop in Watford that apprantly has CCTV of the car. They are waiting for the manager to give it to them.