Cigarette lighter...priceless

Reaction score
Burn out the cabling to the cigerette lighter by using a cheap fridge unit.

cigarette lighter unit £20
installation over £300
my face....f******g astonished

:jester:

Can anyone give me an idea of how to fit one. Apparently the centre console needs to come out! It's the sort which is recessed.

Cheers

Can anyone give me an idea of how to fit one. Apparently the centre console needs to come out! It's the sort which is recessed.

Whoops! Not sure about replacing the fag lighter cabling but this is a guide from navplus telling you how to take the centre console out with a view to fitting an RNS-e but it'll do for your purposes. Goodluck!

Whoops! Not sure about replacing the fag lighter cabling but this is a guide from navplus telling you how to take the centre console out with a view to fitting an RNS-e but it'll do for your purposes. Goodluck!

Cool thanks very much...looks like a lot of work.

A4 1.8T Sport (163ps) Demin Blue, is that a new colour?

Can you not just thread a new cable under the center console to save taking it out. even if it means vandalising the cig lighter to get it out?

A4 1.8T Sport (163ps) Demin Blue, is that a new colour?

Can you not just thread a new cable under the center console to save taking it out. even if it means vandalising the cig lighter to get it out?

Denim blue is an old colour. I think it is similar to Mauritius blue, except slightly lighter and metallic rather than pearl effect. I think it was fazed out after the B6's.

Not sure about the cigarette lighter. Did a bit of poking around yesterday. Popped the gear stick housing and plate under the handbrake. It's all very tight in there.

crazyfool,
i retro fitted my rns-e and yes it seems a bit of a job to remove everything but its really not that bad.
if you need any advise im happy to help as much as i can.
if not i have a box of matches you can have for nothing.:icon_thumright:
lea

crazyfool,
i retro fitted my rns-e and yes it seems a bit of a job to remove everything but its really not that bad.
if you need any advise im happy to help as much as i can.
if not i have a box of matches you can have for nothing.:icon_thumright:
lea

Cool thanks...its for the satnav by the way...would be gutted to set that alight

:sob: