Chuffin Pothole

lgooch

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Wheel

New rotor required. Thanks to a tit of a driver who cut the corner on a small B road forcing me down a pothole the depth and length of a small valley. Just been relieved of several hundred pounds by the stealer.

Lucky to be alive I think and could have been a lot worse

Rant over !

put a claim in m8 ive done it before takes a few months oh.

need to go and take photos with tape measure of the hole .

Get on to the council, they pay out for such damages.
If you do this, make sure you get someone else to report it first then report yours a week or so later.A lot of councils will only pay out if it's been reported and not acted upon when you damage your car.

Oh jeez that sucks, unlucky mate. So many people taking the ‘’racing line’’ these days. **** poor driving. At night sometimes I like to quickly flash my main beam as I approach corners. Good luck with the claim

If you do this, make sure you get someone else to report it first then report yours a week or so later.A lot of councils will only pay out if it's been reported and not acted upon when you damage your car.

Be careful with getting someone else to report it first, if you do then I wouldn't wait a week, my sister blew a tyre on a pothole and after reporting it the council had it filled the next morning! Surprising I know!

It's not really in a place where you can simply hop out of the car and take some pics. On quite a busy B road in the middle of the Pennines. No pavements so to get to it would mean a hell of a trek and wading through boggy land to get to it risking life and limb in the process. The actual hole was on the part of the road outside the white edging line where the road has broken away. If it wasn't for the tit cutting the corner I would have not had to cut my corner and breach the white line where the road falls away.

The mrs had scuffed the rim anyway so didn't seem worth fixing to be honest.

rr mate your not the only one mad at the council in birmingham theres hundreds of them and thats what we pay road tax for:mad:

Too true flaming roads are getting worse. Im going to raise my car to 8mil and buy 60 profile tyres!!

Get on to the council, they pay out for such damages.

No they won't.. They go and repair the problem, if the problem has been logged previously and nothing has been down about it, they may pay up... I smashed an alloy, reported the problem and they basically told me to **** off in regards to claiming for damage as in their eyes they have acted upon it being reported

Be careful with getting someone else to report it first, if you do then I wouldn't wait a week, my sister blew a tyre on a pothole and after reporting it the council had it filled the next morning! Surprising I know!
Council must be better round your way than here.Round here they take at least a week or 2 to fill in a tiny pothole after standing like a teapot staring at it for a few days.

Just been out in the car and it just doesn't feel right.
Stuck my head under the rear wheel on the same side as the front that was damaged and it looks like this is fecked as well but a bit dark to tell?

Looks like I will be getting the jack out in a minute and spinning the rear wheel to see if it has flat spotted it.

Probably be giving N8 a shout to see if he can do this one as I am not paying Audi another £ 700 !

took six months but I won my claim 1300 a few years ago paid out for 2 tyres aswell

No they won't.. They go and repair the problem, if the problem has been logged previously and nothing has been down about it, they may pay up... I smashed an alloy, reported the problem and they basically told me to **** off in regards to claiming for damage as in their eyes they have acted upon it being reported

Agree with the obese penguin. Councils now employ third party claims negotiators and they tie you up with paperwork and documents showing that the Council have taken all reason steps to check the roads on a monthly basis. I even pointed out that the person driving around "logging" the road conditions was accompanied so how could he drive and log! They even gave me the log for a road heading in the wrong direction! To top it off all and I mean all of the logs were the same size 50cm x 50cm x 0.5cm deep. Dont get me started as the hole I went through last February was 6" (30cm) deep and was full of water so I did not see it until my fillings nearly fell out!!! One alloy down and £350 out of pocket. They seem to be happy to pay a third party and have someone drive around in a car all week fabricating road reports to make sure we do not get compensation for the state of our poor roads.... Rant over.

It's official rear wheel is goosed as well, including they tyre. I just can't believe audi gave it a clear bill of health and gave me a sheet telling me my tyres tread depths all round the car. I mean the tyre had split and cracked the rubber sidewall.

Dropping this one of with N8 to see what he can do with it.