Chrome Window Trim Removal

DanielF

Reaction score
Good morning All,

I was wondering if anyone could help with the knowhow to remove the chrome window trim of an a6 c7. I am dechroming using wrap on this car. I am new to the wrapping business and do not want to damage or force anything on their pride and joy. Is there anyone who can help please?

I have seen online the trim goes all the way from front to back above the doors. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance

From what I know you'd have to thake the door cars off in order to remove the lower ones.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

You have to remove the window frame, not a quick or easy job. You're best leaving them in place

From what I know you'd have to thake the door cars off in order to remove the lower ones.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
Thanks, I will wrap on the car not an issue as done with s3's was not sure if the top trim comes off but no worries at all. Thanks for your help

I want to bring this topic back to life, cause I want to replace my trims with the black ones. I would rather buy new from the stealers if they're not like 1000 euros lol.

This is what I found for the dissasmblement:

Now, I can't figure out part numbers of the black edition trims. How can I find those so I get the quote from the stealers?

I want to bring this topic back to life, cause I want to replace my trims with the black ones. I would rather buy new from the stealers if they're not like 1000 euros lol.

This is what I found for the dissasmblement:

Now, I can't figure out part numbers of the black edition trims. How can I find those so I get the quote from the stealers?

The black trims are expensive, and you may struggle to get any from the stealers without any damage.

I had my chrome wrapped in mat black on my S7. Really difficult to tell that it’s not OEM black, and a lot cheaper than replacing the actual trim :hi:

Easier to wrap and remove if you change your mind, and as others have already mentioned, it is not a simple job by any stretch of the imagination. Grab a roll of coloured tape to match the colour and finish you want, some knifeless tape, and you'll have a result near enough identical (depending on how well you do it, of course - best case scenario).