Chrome roof rails

jimmy

Reaction score
Does anybody know if you can get chrome roof rails (the same as what are on the a4's) for a 2003 S3?
I need a bigger car for my mountain bike but dont want to get rid of my S3!!

I too would be interested in the outcome of this...

would you really want your mountain bike on the roof dropping dirt and stones on it ????

I can get 2 mountain bikes in my S3 and two ppl over 6ft tall

would you really want your mountain bike on the roof dropping dirt and stones on it ????

I can get 2 mountain bikes in my S3 and two ppl over 6ft tall

Poor effort Mouse!

I can get 3 6ft lads and 3 bikes into my 3 door A3, and have travelled 350miles in a day like that comfortably.

I regularly take two mates out on rides, and we get 3 bikes 3 people in the motor no worries!

Roof rails were never an option for the 8L A3/S3.
Just fit normal roofbars and your bike carriers.

Oh and riding a road bike you and it stay reasonably clean :haha:

all we've had so far is "look what i can do" type responses. less problems, more solutions..

chrome roof rails from an a4 avant, can they be retrofitted? it would look pretty dope..

Yes, anything can be made to fit.

I reckon your two big problems would be that the mounting points for the A4 rails wouldn't coincide with the load bearing points on the S3 roof - meaning the roof panel is taking the weight rather than the marked roofrack points. The other problem would be that the cross bars from the set would need to be shortened as I'd guess the S3 roof is narrower than the Avants.

So the next step is to see if anyones got a decent set of roof rails on their car, to see what they look like!!
Pics please?