Chrome polish cleaner

Stevie k

Reaction score
I'm after the best chrome cleaner to bring my s3 exhaust back to its original shine I haven't cleaned the tips over the winter months and I'm now struggling to bring back shine

I'm after the best chrome cleaner to bring my s3 exhaust back to its original shine I haven't cleaned the tips over the winter months and I'm now struggling to bring back shine

I use a Brillo pad (doesn't scratch the chrome) for the hard stuff and then autosol to shine it back up works a treat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Great thanks will give it a try was worried maybe to abrasive

Gtechniq Nano or gtechniq metal polish will do the job

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Rob2k68
I have used Silvo at it worked/works an absoloute dream

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Steel wool and then a wax or coating then it's just a matter of just wiping them at each wash after that.

Reactions: lou15p and Audi Bairn
This might assist
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/these-******-exhaust-tips.317877/
I use Autosol but tbh, if there's a lot of carbon it struggles so I might try steel wool first next time.
A colleague claims that a scrunched up bit of tin foil rubbed onto the exhaust tip works but I've never tried it as I'm dubious.

Reactions: lou15p and Rob2k68
Autosol every time. Then use a baby wipe twice a week to keep on top of it

Reactions: lou15p
Anusol?

Reactions: alpesh26 and davc
Aye that'll keep yer sh*te pipe shining for sure lol

Back on topic Britemax Twins metal cleaner and polish is great stuff.

I also use Gtechniq M1 polish with great results and seal with Blackfire All Metal Sealant.

Another vote for Autosol. I follow up with Planet Polish Wheel Seal and Shine for protection.

Reactions: Joetidman
I've tried autosol and autoglym metal polish and still no good, previous owner never cleaned them so gave nearly 2 years of build up think brillo lad my only option

Struggling to get mine really clean

Have tried oven cleaner as that's what was best on my rx8

Wire wool and autosol

Green Brillo pad and autosol