Chrome exhaust tips

woodsman

Reaction score
Audi newb here!

Just got a new A5 and think she's missing chrome exhaust tips. I've found some OEM that will fit the 2012 model for around $100 on ebay. So, here are my questions:

Will these fit the 2013?

How much should I expect to pay for an install on this? It's probably just a quick weld, I'm guessing.

If I have them installed by anyone else than the dealer does that effect my warranty at all?

Depending on the answer to the last question, are there other tips that are recommended besides OEM? I really like the "stock" look of the angled OEM tips.

Thanks in advance.Just got a new A5 and think she's missing chrome exhaust tips. I've found some OEM that will fit the 2012 model for around $100 on ebay. So, here are my questions:

Will these fit the 2013?

How much should I expect to pay for an install on this? It's probably just a quick weld, I'm guessing.

If I have them installed by anyone else than the dealer does that effect my warranty at all?

Depending on the answer to the last question, are there other tips that are recommended besides OEM? I really like the "stock" look of the angled OEM tips.

Thanks in advance.

Top tip for tips:

Longlife!

£100 will go a long way there! Top team, will do just like OEM… or better

Reactions: woodsman
You will need to visit a local fabricator with your tips.

You old ones will need to be taken off and the new ones welded back on.

the tail pipes wont affect the warranty.

if you keep searching and measure the OEM tail pipes i am sure you will find the exact same tip just in chrome rather than the brushed that came with the car.

Thanks

Reactions: woodsman
Thanks all for the advice. I went with the OEM tips and had them installed at a local dealer for $200 total. Have to say that they look terrific. Cheers!