Chops S4 thread

Prob not the best photos as its raining but here's one of front bumper trim and passenger door

View attachment 82743
View attachment 82745
You've done a really neat job of it! Was the centre console one piece of vinyl? Did you need to take the Quattro badge off the dash trim first?

How easy was it to remove all the trim pieces?

I'm thinking about doing the dashboard trim around the instrument cluster in black gloss vinyl as it annoys me that the silver doesn't match the brushed aluminium trim around the rest of the interior!

You've done a really neat job of it! Was the centre console one piece of vinyl? Did you need to take the Quattro badge off the dash trim first?

How easy was it to remove all the trim pieces?

I'm thinking about doing the dashboard trim around the instrument cluster in black gloss vinyl as it annoys me that the silver doesn't match the brushed aluminium trim around the rest of the interior!

Door trims and passenger dash trim are just clipped on so come off easy with a flat head screw driver, I just wrapped over the Quattro badge then ran round it with a Stanley

Clock surrounds just clipped on as well and just need to unplug hazards and air bag buttons, was a bit tricky to wrap but by the time is done the 3 other trim pieces I sort of had the hang of it, i had one half done but took it off as it was too much yellow

Centre console was a bit more involved but simple enough, I removed mine but would prob just wrap it in place next time, the wrap I had wasn't wide enough so had to use 2 pieces so there is a join but I can live with it for now

Xpower has done his clock surround gloss black looks smart, give it a go and u can easy peel it off if your not sure :)

Reactions: AlexA4Avant, RS5 JON and xpoweruk
@matt_cunningham1985 good call bud, not a bad price either

Think it might be near the bottom of the list though

1. Rear diffuser
2. H&R springs
3. Custom rear silencers
4. Chrome black out

Not necessarily in that order, just looking at Springs now, thinking 40mm drop which if I right is realistically Gona be 20mm at most over the s4 springs :)

Reactions: xpoweruk
@matt_cunningham1985 good call bud, not a bad price either

Think it might be near the bottom of the list though

1. Rear diffuser
2. H&R springs
3. Custom rear silencers
4. Chrome black out

Not necessarily in that order, just looking at Springs now, thinking 40mm drop which if I right is realistically Gona be 20mm at most over the s4 springs :)
One day...

Decent set of mods coming up for you next then! Are you doing the dampers as well as springs? I went for the Eibach Sportlines on my A3 with the standard shocks, which were original and covered 90k miles... They're holding up well after 9 months though!

Are you going for the same diffuser as @xpoweruk ? As for the chrome, would the spray you used on your fog surrounds work on all the chrome?

Cheers so many ideas just not the cash to go with it :-0

Just springs bud I'll be doing it myself in the drive, I'm a baw hair off clicking and a set of H&Rs on eBay

Just looking at a post of an avant on here with 40mm springs and 20s and it looks smart AF

Yeh I'm really liking that diffuser in carbon so I think I'll be following XPs lead on that one, as usual haha, I would love the enales one but the price is mental

I'm off to a place at the end of the month to get the rest of the chrome wrapped, I can't get my car in my garage and painting that much outside would be a mare so company in Bathgate Gona wrap it for me,

chrome sprays up ok with some primer but if it stone chips it goes right through to the chrome which looks scabby

Cheers so many ideas just not the cash to go with it :-0

Just springs bud I'll be doing it myself in the drive, I'm a baw hair off clicking and a set of H&Rs on eBay

Just looking at a post of an avant on here with 40mm springs and 20s and it looks smart AF

Yeh I'm really liking that diffuser in carbon so I think I'll be following XPs lead on that one, as usual haha, I would love the enales one but the price is mental

I'm off to a place at the end of the month to get the rest of the chrome wrapped, I can't get my car in my garage and painting that much outside would be a mare so company in Bathgate Gona wrap it for me,

chrome sprays up ok with some primer but if it stone chips it goes right through to the chrome which looks scabby
Looking forward to seeing the results of the wrapping! I know what you mean about the painting - I have a couple of stone chips on my grille so you can see the grey and chrome through it. I'm going to get it touched up after the 'winter' along with the few flaked bits on my chrome. I'll be going for an RS4 style grille like you guys all have in the summer!

A 20mm further drop on your 20's is going to look ace!

Reactions: GjrBartlett, Chop. and xpoweruk

That's this wkd sorted, 40mm lows

Reactions: matt_cunningham1985, RS5 JON, xpoweruk and 1 other person
You will need to share the part number you have purchased? I have been contemplating them for a long time, but i have 3 different part numbers, and not sure which to go for?

Car looks great by the way!

Gonna look sweet when she's dropped a touch Chop :)

Reactions: RS5 JON and Chop.
Cheers bud, can't wait, well apart from the fitting :-/

New things,I like new things

Reactions: GjrBartlett, RS5 JON, jdp1962 and 1 other person
Especially when paired with stuff. Things and stuff; can't beat 'em!

Things and stuff are 2 of my favourite eh... things

Now that I think about it that's usually my standard answer when the parcel force van arrives and she asks what Iv been getting this time :)

Reactions: jdp1962, matt_cunningham1985 and xpoweruk
Well rears done today, job abandoned for now as my back is killing but that's another story

Looks good so far but no test run

Reactions: tolse7, xpoweruk, GjrBartlett and 1 other person
Looking good so far! Im wanting to do mine in the next couple of months, but looking forward to seeing yours done!

Reactions: Chop.
Cheers bud, looks so much better can't wait to get it dropped all round

You going 40mm Springs too ?

They do seem to get some good reviews on here, by the sounds of things it's paid for it's self already.
I love needle sweep, put it on my A4 SE, sat in the car all day switching it on and off just to see it working, small things/small minds and all that, lol!
JG

Can this be done to any A4 ?

Chop, looks great , love the yellow trim

Cheers bud me too

Well I'm afraid I'm not big in the cleaning game :) some polish from asda and the local pressure washer at the garage with a soap and a wax through it is about as serious as I get :)

Reactions: rizzini7
Cheers bud me too

Well I'm afraid I'm not big in the cleaning game :) some polish from asda and the local pressure washer at the garage with a soap and a wax through it is about as serious as I get :)
And you've got a finish like that on the paintwork!? You must have the magic touch!

Nice drop so far chop

Can this be done to any A4 ?

Chop, looks great , love the yellow trim

@Stanningtonglen, I don't have a Carista app thingy, but there's thread on here where you should get all the info you need, I've not heard anyone say they couldn't enabble needle sweep on their A4, either via VCDS or Carista.

JG

Reactions: Stanningtonglen, xpoweruk and Chop.
@Stanningtonglen, I don't have a Carista app thingy, but there's thread on here where you should get all the info you need, I've not heard anyone say they couldn't enabble needle sweep on their A4, either via VCDS or Carista.

JG
Cheers, i so need this trouble is i won't want to get out of car be for ever turning it on & off :sm4:

Reactions: RS5 JON
Well in from nite shift this morning and hour and a half later we have this

Left the pinch bolt alone and removed the rear arm bolts which came out really easy

Split the shock at the bottom clamp 18mm bolt, took the bottom tie bar bolt and the anti roll bar bolts out and split the shock under the wheel arch and rest came out no problem

Reactions: matt_cunningham1985, RS5 JON and xpoweruk
Been a while since i have been on your thread, lots of changes :) nice drop too.
Good shout on avoiding the pinch bolt, when i had the bushing replaced on my control arm, I asked for the pinch bolt with the bush, Audi had no idea what I was talking about, so i left feeling silly thinking i had made a mistake... turns out definately needed a pinch bolt lol useless but butts.
Luckily Olly did the bushing so I didnt have to naff around with it but i hear they are an ***!

Been a while since i have been on your thread, lots of changes :) nice drop too.
Good shout on avoiding the pinch bolt, when i had the bushing replaced on my control arm, I asked for the pinch bolt with the bush, Audi had no idea what I was talking about, so i left feeling silly thinking i had made a mistake... turns out definately needed a pinch bolt lol useless but butts.
Luckily Olly did the bushing so I didnt have to naff around with it but i hear they are an ***!

Thanks it's starting to take shape now :) getting close to what I'm after

Yeh heard a couple bad story's about pinch bolts and XP had mentioned it as well , served my time as a fitter so I know how ****** things can get quickly so avoided them altogether, plus it was easier to remove the strut from under the wheel arch without the arms

Not yellow but never mind

Well it's sitting spot on, it's totally changed the look of the car, even the chrome ain't looking to bad :) hahaha, well worth the no sleep, time and sore back :)

Ciders again tonight I think

For anyone that's interested in details it's dropped on 40mm H&Rs with 20" x 8.5s and 245 30s all round, I took out the front arch screws as a precaution and not had any rubbing yet, I'll get a good test run tomorrow

Reactions: matt_cunningham1985, Stanningtonglen and Meemo
Looks spot on Chop, good call avoiding the pinch bolts,
and yes, it's defo cider time tonight, you've earned it mate.
JG

Great job Chop.
Lovely drop.Time to enjoy the cider :)

Reactions: RS5 JON and Chop.