Chops S4 thread

You'll be giving the Vader S4 that turns up on YouTube a run for its money in the blackness contest. :)

Reactions: Chop.
thanks bud, how's the lights coming on ?

Lol I have brake guide pins to sort first and it's going in for dpf egr delete and remap next week so probs be next weekend for the lights unfortunately.
Also have carbon wrap for the fog surrounds and the bar on the bottom of the front bumper

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
The S4 is looking absolutely amazing Chop.

Loving that super stealthy look,tail pipes are spot on :)

Cheers bud Its starting to take shape nice now

Reactions: chucky1
Chop. Be careful out at night, no one will see you. Looks evil.

They only ever see me passing Chucky ;-)

Reactions: chucky1 and xpoweruk
They only ever see me passing Chucky ;-)
You'll be like something out of Scooby Doo.

"What was that Freddie?"
"I don't know Scoob, let's check it out"
"Where'd it go?"

:)

Reactions: chucky1 and Chop.
Well things been a bit slow in the black out department but got round to an MOT and some centre caps yesterday.....

Look at that gap :-0

Reactions: xpoweruk and Blackwhite
Centre caps are spot on,but the arch gaps are crazy on the S4 aint they.
Just dropped mine 15mm (springs said 25,but looks about 15)

Centre caps are spot on,but the arch gaps are crazy on the S4 aint they.
Just dropped mine 15mm (springs said 25,but looks about 15)

Ha, it's awful, it's been bugging me for a while need to get around to some springs asap even my Mrs 120d looks like it sits better, yeh I did did read that you need to knock 10mm off the drop when fitting to the S4 think I'll be ordering up some 40s soon

Reactions: xpoweruk
this is how the 25mm springs look,more what you'd expect the S4 would be as standard

WP 20151020 006

Boys!!! Out of the wilderness. Been walking in NZ. Have my wifes laptop in Queenstown. And YESYESYES!!!!!! we play the ABs in the final!!!! Chop are those caps sprayed? Like them a lot. YESYESYES!!!!!

Reactions: xpoweruk and Chop.
How was the walk buddy, it's Gona be a cracking final !! Even if it was so nearly us ;-) ( Scotland )

Just my usual DIY grey plastic primer and some satin black to finish

Walking was great. NZ is jaw droppingly beautiful. Gave up on my wifes' Ipad. Back home now with a laptop and a faster router. Our live telecast is a kickoff at 0300 Sunday. I start work at 0700. Mmmmm... Three outcomes. Close either way, and an absolute cracker. Or the ABs will walk away with it. They really are that good. Treated like demi gods there. Thats how I see it. Tomorrow, I get to get back in my beasty, YEAH. God, try driving a Nissan Tiida. I rang this little things neck. It certainly wouldn't have got to the mileage it had on it if I had been driving it for long. Nearly killed it. That said we saw a near, mighty crash with three young lads doing 180 degree spin off a highway in a howling storm doing 110 km/hr between two oncoming cars coming to rest in 4 ft deep grass. No one hurt some serious puckering on their part though. 1 car between us. Chop, I used Eibach set up on my previous. Conservative set ups but struck me as high quality all round. ( PS, sorry about the quarter final,I recon that was rough. Craig Joubert normally goes against us. I dread him doing the final)

Last edited:
Reactions: Chop. and xpoweruk
yeh the ABs just have a presance about them i think, good luck though, i'm at work :-(

sounds like a lucky escape for them young lads bet they **** it, i'm keen to go as low as i can i really love the air look but couldnt justify the money for it and even coilovers are just a bit to much so i'll stick to springs and see how low i can go

Well after a busy Xmas and a quiet new year operation black out is back in progress

Liquid dipped roof bars and window trim booked in for 30th Jan Matt black, leaving the mirrors for now till I see what it's like

Photos to follow

Well after a busy Xmas and a quiet new year operation black out is back in progress

Liquid dipped roof bars and window trim booked in for 30th Jan Matt black, leaving the mirrors for now till I see what it's like

Oh and maby even a wash

Photos to follow

Reactions: xpoweruk and RS5 JON
So Chop, did Santa get you those detailing goodies?
I have to say, I much prefer the black look, mean as ................!
Look forward to the pics when done, oh, and washed, lol!
JG

Hahah thanks you know me I'm all about the washing :-0

I think Santa forgot or maby I wasn't good enough this year

Yeh it's been a while since anything happened in the car department so time to get back On it, I'll make sure it's nice and clean for some pics

Reactions: RS5 JON
Nice one chop,looking forward to the pics :)

Well a couple things going on

CTS intake arrives on Monday, got stung £42 customs tax today :-(

Also started my mirror colour change, went for a new pair of primed mirrors so I can get a better finish and if I get stone chips it's not going to go through to the chrome

Going to look & sound epic though (fecking Tax)

It's game on today

Reactions: GjrBartlett, tolse7, RS5 JON and 1 other person
I reckon that will look sweet Chop

Hows that intake sounding

Seen it on an all black m5 just the bottom half of the mirrors and a bit of the fogs and I really liked it

Calipers already done buddy :)

Tricky bit will be getting the Mirrors back together without scraping them

Right test run still to be carried out as paint is drying but her is a tic over vid of i can get it to load :-0

Crap light but this is what awaits tomorrow, just need to tidy up the over spray at the back

Reactions: AlexA4Avant
Not sure of that Chop, need a full frontal, of the car. to get a better idea.

All credit to you for going with such a bolt colour though. :respekt:
JG

Cheer bud You know me I'm not afraid to offend

Don't do standard :)

I'm Gona stick my mirrors on next couple of days once I'm finished work and I'll get a couple decent photos on with all the yellow see what it's like

Reactions: RS5 JON
Cheer bud You know me I'm not afraid to offend

Don't do standard :)

I'm Gona stick my mirrors on next couple of days once I'm finished work and I'll get a couple decent photos on with all the yellow see what it's like

I've no doubt it'll look much better from a full frontal view, that pic probably doesn't do it justice, look forward to seeing the finished product.
JG

I'm liking that already Chop can see the potential waiting to shine through

Looking forward to the new pics

Thanks gadgys I'm day shift next two days :-( but I'll get it tidyed up and get some decent photos up on Thursday I'm keen to see how it looks with mirrors

Chop, do the bottom half of the mirrors easily detach?

Thinking of doing mine to match my brake calipers (S5 brake set-up)

Its deff do able if your a we bit handy with the tools, nothing complicated just screws and clips but It's quite fiddly the first time you look at it and requires a bit of force to separate them, there are some good guides kicking about though

( Iv broken a couple of clips but I'm not the most patient nor do I have the lightest touch )

I'll need to be extra careful re fitting so I don't chip my new paint :-0

I'd say give it a try what's the worst that could happen :)

Photos to follow

How did you get on with operation black out on the roof bars and the window trims, did you take them off, if so was it a major job to get roof bars and trims on and off without damaging them? Local dealer told me virtually impossible to get window and window/gutter rail trims off without damaging. apparently to get lower window trims on and off it is a door strip out job! I understand roof rails are a headlining out job?