Chops S4 thread

Chop. The wheels and callipers look great. Wish I could get my photos looking that good.

Reactions: Chop.
Another day another colour !!

Back to black today for fog light surrounds and rear diffuser trim.....

I think with the new wheels I might delete the roof bar and window chrome

Reactions: voorhees and xpoweruk
It's been a good first year for the car....

Reactions: V6_Man, philbell and xpoweruk
Certainly made some nice improvements chop :)

thanks XP most of the relativly cheap stuff done, need to get my cash out now :-0

Reactions: xpoweruk
I like what you have done to the back bumper - did you have to use plastic primer?
I've never really done any body work.

Last edited:
thanks just been reading your thread very impressive, i'll swap you some of those electrical skills for some paint training ;-) i'm a fitter to trade or was in my last job

me and that backbumper have a love hate realtionship i think i change something on it at least once a month, just a good clean and some normal primer and paint and it gets a good hold, if you wanted to be sure you could use etching primer but normal primer works fine as long as the prep is good

Reactions: bobby singh
Haha, more stuff to play with Chop.

Chop mate, any tips on getting the rear lights out? I've ordered the same tint spray as u so going to give it a go when it turns up.
R u a master spray painter? Or can any idiot do it?

@PB2.7TDI nice job mate it will look great

Lights come out really easy I'll stick a couple of photos on here tomorrow to show you what u need to take off

I do spray paint but the tint spray is a lot easier than spraying, just put all the lights next to each other so you can make sure both sides go the same shade but not to close to get over spray on them

apply light even coats until your happy with the shade think I done 3, but better to do more light coats with no runs if you feel happier with that than go to heavy and put a run in it

Cheers dude, that would be great.
What's the options if I muck it up?
Can this be chemically cleaned off or is it permanent?

Mmmmm I think it's permanent, iv not tried to remove it but Anything too strong would obv damage the finish on the light

Rings on the back are fun to get on straight Chop!

It'll look very stealthy mate.

im Gona try the full black out see how it looks, cause let's be honest if I don't like it I'll just change it back anyway so it's worth a try

I'll leave the rear diffuser to match the wheels

Cool. Only one way to find out eh.

@PB2.7TDI

On the boot lid the metal screw with a flat screw driver or socket and it lifts out

Main light the plastic screw and the light pulls back towards you the front of the light is just in with locating pins, when your re fitting put a bit washing up liquid on them so they slip in easy

Hope this helps bud

Reactions: countwilliam
@PB2.7TDI

On the boot lid the metal screw with a flat screw driver or socket and it lifts out

View attachment 69877

Main light the plastic screw and the light pulls back towards you the front of the light is just in with locating pins, when your re fitting put a bit washing up liquid on them so they slip in easy

View attachment 69878

Hope this helps bud

Chop you r a legend. Will post results up when I get round to giving this a go. I was taking to a mate Who does a lot of spraying and he said to warm the paint can up a bit first to make the paint thinner and should avoid runs. Does that Sound Right

Chop you r a legend. Will post results up when I get round to giving this a go. I was taking to a mate Who does a lot of spraying and he said to warm the paint can up a bit first to make the paint thinner and should avoid runs. Does that Sound Right

No problem at all mate, yeh I usually have a heater on in garage, if it's been In the shed or that then yeh get it up to room temp and give it a good shake, and a few sprays first on floor or that to get paint through nozzle

Make sure they are really dry before you try and fit them so you don't get finger prints in them when pushing the side pins in

Good luck

We'll post nite shift up at 12 and some car jobs done....

Black rings, a polish and black tail pipes....

Reactions: bobby singh, xpoweruk and RS5 JON
I'm loving the tail pipes mate. Look awesome

Looking good chop, did you say you polished it,lol.
Black car's look so much better when polished, keep up the good work mate.
JG

Thanks bud I'm really happy with it

Yeh polished it first time today and had it a year :-0 looks so much better

Haha maby I'd had enough after the bonnet and one side ;-)

Reactions: RS5 JON