Choice

brm180

Reaction score
Folks,
Question.
Would you trade/sell your s3 for a pfl 8v rs3.
Ive only had my pfl s3 4 months and love it but i have recently been looking at 65/16 plate rs3's.
Apart from the extra 2 doors , 1 cylinder and about 12 to 15k is it a better car and is it worth the extra caah.

Brm180

Keeping a car for only 4 months is a waste of money by any measure.
But then buying any Audi is not really the best financial decision :whistle2:

Most car buying decisions are based on what you want rather than what you need or on fiscal prudence.

If you want it and you can afford it, then buy it. But don’t try to justify the expenditure.

Reactions: pburv
Hi.. i totally agree with what you are saying.
Its only a thought at the min as i norm keep my cars 3 to 5 years.
I was in at audi and they offered me a decent price for my s3 against a rs3. My own s3 has just about every optional extra fitted which was one of the reasons i bought it.
I think the best option will be to keep the s3 for the time being...

Cheers

I went from a PFL S3 to PFL RS3 in May.
Best decision i ever made.
The exhaust/engine sound alone is worth the switch.

i’d owned the S3 from brand new though so had it for 3 years.

Reactions: Terminator x
If I had the cash and didn't care about the slightly higher running costs then I would.

Folks,
Question.
Would you trade/sell your s3 for a pfl 8v rs3.
Ive only had my pfl s3 4 months and love it but i have recently been looking at 65/16 plate rs3's.
Apart from the extra 2 doors , 1 cylinder and about 12 to 15k is it a better car and is it worth the extra caah.

Brm180

Only you can tell if it's worth it to change or not. If the S3 is fully loaded, but the RS3 isn't, then you need to decide what's more important? Extra creature comforts and spec, or the extra speed, insurance, parts & servicing, fuel, and monthly payments?

How many miles per annum do you do? that will have a huge impact if over 10K, The RS3 can do the high miles but it will kill the residuals more on that compared to an S3. If I could afford the difference in purchase price from S3 to RS3 I would make the leap as I only do about 6K now (Used to do 25K upto a few months ago which stopped me stretching to afford the RS) but your main point resonates with me... Apart from the sound of engine and exhaust can you justify the extra cost? After all you could get almost two S3's for the price of an S3. - That sound does come at a huge cost - but if trying to justify it (like I am trying to) there are huge Brembo's, fat front arches. and oval exhausts......

I’d just remap the S3 - it’ll be like a new car for a while.

Mileage wise i do about 8k a year.
I think its more of the fact that it is an rs plus its more practical being 5 door.
I didnt even look at rs3s when looking for an s3 but now i have the s3 i find myself looking at the rs3. It is a fair chunk of money to add to the s3. I think i will weigh up my options after the new year andctake it from there.
Its prob just the rs badgecand 5 cyl growl that id be buying the car for if im honest..

If you can afford it comfortably - yes. The 5 pot alone is worth it.

If i do buy then id probably buy from Audi as they are offering 2 year warranties at the nin.
Last 5 cylinder i had was an old s2 coupe..it was a good car but drank the fuel..