Chipping

No personal experience, but can I recommend that you base your decesion on the overall characteristics rather than the peak power.

For the S4 currently, the APR product is much smoother than the AmD product but the headline figure for AmD is greater. I know which one is a better long term prospect.

Well you need to start by doing a search on the forum for chips, chipping etc. as this is discussed so frequently that you should get a good feeling for general opinions on products.

For me it's Oettinger all the way, why? well because I'm chuffed with the product and I haven't had any different chips fitted to my car so wouldn't know the difference...even though I have driven in and against cars with different chips.

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Well you need to start by doing a search on the forum for chips, chipping etc. as this is discussed so frequently that you should get a good feeling for general opinions on products.

For me it's Oettinger all the way, why? well because I'm chuffed with the product and I haven't had any different chips fitted to my car so wouldn't know the difference...even though I have driven in and against cars with different chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! I just bought myself an Audi A4 1.8T... i'm wondering iff I should Chipp the *******! I think i'll go for Oettinger! What can I expect from the chipp? I'm a new member by the way...

Thomas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, regardless of the company you decide upon (Although Oettinger ROCKS!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif) you can expect a big grin on your face as soon as you drive it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif It really does make THAT big of a difference /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Oettinger took my A3 from 150 hp and about 155 ft/lbs to 207 hp and 242 ft/lbs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

And welcome to ASN Dude /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Turbokid said:
Hey! I just bought myself an Audi A4 1.8T... i'm wondering iff I should Chipp the *******! I think i'll go for Oettinger! What can I expect from the chipp? I'm a new member by the way...

Thomas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

First off welcome to the boards Thomas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Now check out Drills RR dyno, he's running a German plate 150 Quattro, and as you'll see the results are quite impressive. I can safely say that my A3T is now a bit of a beast and will quite happily beat other chipped A3's with ease along with S3's and has been known to have the edge on a certain chipped S3. I think that most that have driven with/against me will agree that the car is quick. The time in my sig was done 3 days after having it chipped and was my first and only 1/4 mile run and I think is a testament to the Oettinger chip.

Not only is the chip fantastic, but RSD (The UK supplier) have a great reputation and certainly know their stuff!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Hmm.. It looks like you all are positive about the Oettinger chip, so i think i go for it then! but how much does it cost in the UK? I live in norway by the way! Do any one of you have any graphs for the chip on an standar 1.8T with 150 hp?? In 12 days, i'll getting new shocks and springs for the car. Hoechenheister I think... Picture of my car coming soon! Maybe I'm getting som stuff for christmas. I hope so. Neat site btw.... AUDI rocks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
JPR said:
I'd have to recommend the AmD chip personally /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
But I don't think they sell it in norway? do they?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Turbokid said: Do any one of you have any graphs for the chip on an standar 1.8T with 150 hp??

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, mine was a std 150 1.8T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Book numbers of 150ps and a peak torque of 210 nm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif My Graph again.

And while I'd recommend the Oettinger, it IS something you want to look into pretty well. John recommends the AMD program, so get more info on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I believe the "Performance Graphs" forum has some pretty good info, and it'll also show much more than numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Oettinger Rules! RSD done my motor a few weeks back & i havent stoped grinning since! They really do know there stuff! A chip makes it feel like a whole new car!

[ QUOTE ]
JPR said:
Not a problem, we're just going to release the OneClick for 1.8T's in the next few weeks, so we'll be able to post it to you!

[/ QUOTE ]
But what's the price then? I need someone to mod the chip for me... And Norwegian workshops are expensive!!

[ QUOTE ]
Drill said:
[ QUOTE ]
Turbokid said: Do any one of you have any graphs for the chip on an standar 1.8T with 150 hp??

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, mine was a std 150 1.8T /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Book numbers of 150ps and a peak torque of 210 nm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif My Graph again.

And while I'd recommend the Oettinger, it IS something you want to look into pretty well. John recommends the AMD program, so get more info on it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I believe the "Performance Graphs" forum has some pretty good info, and it'll also show much more than numbers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
But I have an A4... will it be the same, you think? how much did it cost? In norway I pay 6000 NOK for the job and the chip. Thats not bad, is it?

[ QUOTE ]
Oettinger 1.8t said:
Oettinger Rules! RSD done my motor a few weeks back & i havent stoped grinning since! They really do know there stuff! A chip makes it feel like a whole new car!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok! But did you get the same graph results as the others? And wich DV do you peeps recomend? I shall replace the air filter very soon!! But which filter is best for my car? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Turbokid said:
[ QUOTE ]
JPR said:
Not a problem, we're just going to release the OneClick for 1.8T's in the next few weeks, so we'll be able to post it to you!

[/ QUOTE ]
But what's the price then? I need someone to mod the chip for me... And Norwegian workshops are expensive!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No the code is on the module, you just plug it in to your car and it saves a copy of your original code, then it uploads the modified code to your car. You don't have to visit any garage or lift the bonnet to have it done!

No the code is on the module, you just plug it in to your car and it saves a copy of your original code, then it uploads the modified code to your car. You don't have to visit any garage or lift the bonnet to have it done!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

Still a generic remap tho... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile_smoking.gif

yeah generic code, just like MTM, Oettinger, APR, Abt, revo and superchips.
I only know of ourselves and Jabba doing custom code.
We will still be doing custom codes at around the regular price but we will be doing the OneClick stuff at a competitive price /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

John this sounds exellent!

Will you be offering the security features also?

When will it be ready?

Cheers
Rich.

No security features planned as of yet, your car's existing immobilisers pretty good to be honest, and if someone really wanted your car that bad they'd just come with a flatbed truck!
Security mode won't be much use to you then will it!

So you don't have to replace the chip then, with a new one? And the price for 1.8T?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif