Chipping the 2.7T engine - your experiences please

cliffcartwright

Reaction score
I'm looking to re map my new A6 2.7T Quattro to about 310 BHP.

Does anyone have any useful experiences with the S4 2.7T?

In particular:
What to pay.
Drivability vs outright power.
Reliability or warranty problems.
Preferred tuning company - UK based.
Experience of a switchable boost from standard up to low 300's BHP.

Thanks in anticipation.

£1000
No detrimental effect to drivability at at. In fact it improves it. You don't need to change down at 60-70mph in 6th to over take. No probs at idle or in slow moving traffic just a huge increase in torque at low revs!
No real probs It's recorded exceeding boost on occasion, But I think this is due to the Hyperboost DVs.
I consider AMD again. These guys actualy do the remap. Unlike other chip companys you're not just buying an "out of the box ECU."
A nice to have - However, the stock form of the car is ****** quick I don't know what the Valet mode reduces the power to? Quite frankly it's unnecessary unless your trying to hide the fact that car is chipped or you really don't want someone to make use of the full power, but as I said, in stock form, it's hardly a slouch.

Agree with all the above comments. Switchable ECU is for warranty related piece of mind only.

Have a look at the new APR program also, getting good power on the S4s (325bhp) and recently refined, its very smooth and driveable.

I also would recommend AmD, they did my 1.8T and it was faultless...

I too am looking for the same info, more warranty + reliability related info though

Thanks for all your comments.

I've now had the work done by Jabbasport in Peterborough. A transformation the car now has 337bhp and 330 lb ft. Performance is stunning and on a par with my previous Jaguar XJR V8 Supercharger.

I can recommend www.Jabbasport.co.uk as very experienced, efficient and remarkably good value at £475.