Chip Express tuning box - opinions?

maanjawed

Reaction score
Thinking of buying a Chip Express diesel tuning box for my A3 2007 8P 140PS.

It's priced at £395 and claims to increase power from 140PS to 170PS or 187PS on higher setting. Torque also increased from 320Nm to 380 or even 437.

Anyone ever used one or know of someone who's used any kind of tuning box? I'm not under warranty so detection by dealer is not an issue and insurance would be informed if I were to buy one.

Don't want to place too much strain on engine internals and mostly don't want to cause any engine/turbo failures.

Any and all opinions are welcome and any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks!

These are the gains according to their website.

Here's the website if anyone wants to take a look: http://www.chipexpress.com

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 224
New car under warranty , if you must ,
a tuning box .

Out of warranty the superior remap .

£395 for a box of frogs , that's custom remap with a dyno print out money .

New car under warranty , if you must ,
a tuning box .

Out of warranty the superior remap .

£395 for a box of frogs , that's custom remap with a dyno print out money .

There seems to be so many different companies offering remaps. Any company you'd recommend around the Midlands area that can do a good remap for a Diesel Audi engine? Don't really want to break the bank either.

Tuning box seemed desirable as you can reverse the gains whenever needed and just seems quick and easy. But I understand where you're coming from. Thanks for the input pal :)

Hi,
If you have any issues with insurance for a chip modification then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi,
If you have any issues with insurance for a chip modification then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.
Wasn't he asking about a tuning box not insurance???

Reactions: FaisalFazeli