Chip Express Tuning box on Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140PS

Redrein87

Reaction score
This is a repost in this section as I posted in the wrong section before!! Doh!! :blink:

Anyway my original post was:

... I've recently bought an Audi A3 2.0 TDi 140 and was wandering if anyone has any experience of fitting a tuning box to one of these cars?

I've bought a digital box for around £300 rom ChipExpress, but I'm a bit concerned about any long term or short term damage that these chips may cause to the engine.

I've noticed some old threads speaking about these in 2008, however I'm wandering if anyone has used these for any period of time with or without any problems?

I have been considering a full remap but want to avoid breaching the warranty as much as I can. Also the best quote I've had here in Jersey is £600!!! which seems a bit mad!

Thanks for any advice you guys can give.

This is a repost in this section as I posted in the wrong section before!! Doh!! :blink:

Anyway my original post was:

... I've recently bought an Audi A3 2.0 TDi 140 and was wandering if anyone has any experience of fitting a tuning box to one of these cars?

I've bought a digital box for around £300 rom ChipExpress, but I'm a bit concerned about any long term or short term damage that these chips may cause to the engine.

I've noticed some old threads speaking about these in 2008, however I'm wandering if anyone has used these for any period of time with or without any problems?

I have been considering a full remap but want to avoid breaching the warranty as much as I can. Also the best quote I've had here in Jersey is £600!!! which seems a bit mad!

Thanks for any advice you guys can give.

This ones brilliant ! now for sale (@ £200.00) as my brother has sold his a3 2.0 tdi Tunit Diesel Performance :: Vehicle Search Tunit Diesel Performance :: Tunit Product Range

hi mate : had you still got the tuning box for sell ! i am intersting of it !
thanks

I had one on my 07 sportback only it was made by a company called Diesel Power Tuning, I had it fitted properly buy a garge near me who happens to be an approved dealer for them. I was very impressed with it, the MPG I was getting was 62.something. Ive created a thread about it on here with photos too. You could feel the difference in power too having more pul from lower revs as aposed to it being from 2000 revs up. The one downside was this, and im not sure if it was because of the unit or not but after a month I had to have a new mass airflow sensor as Id keep loosing the turbo, once it was replaced it was fine though. Sorry if Ive gone off subject.