Chip Express Tuning box on Audi A3 2.0 TDI 140PS

Redrein87

Reaction score
Hello, I've recently bought an Audi A3 2.0 TDi 140 and was wandering if anyone has any experience of fitting a tuning box to one of these cars?

I've bought a digital box for around £300 rom ChipExpress, but I'm a bit concerned about any long term or short term damage that these chips may cause to the engine.

I've noticed some old threads speaking about these in 2008, however I'm wandering if anyone has used these for any period of time with or without any problems?

Thanks for any advice you guys can give.

you might want to post in the 8P A3/S3 section as its for the newer shape audis

You would of been much better off if you got a proper remap.

Standard: 138bhp 236 lb/ft
Tuning box gains: 167bhp 286 lb/ft
Remap: 201bhp 311 lb/ft

A remapped car is also a much better car to drive.

Id be keen to have a re-map, but in Jersey they're quite expensive. Best quote I've got so far is for £600!!! :-( Hopefully Ill be taking the car over to England at some point, when I may look into a remap then.

Ill try posting in the other section has you've suggested - Thanks for the pointer.

Jesus who claims to get to 201bhp from a 140tdi? I would be very surprised just from a simple remap,

I had my old 2.0tdi mapped by APS, they said it would be around the 170bhp mark, same sort of figures as the tuning box

If that's what they claim then it must be true....

Get yourself an un;ocked alientech box and get the maps emailed to you. The alientech box stores three maps one which is your standard map and then i can give you details of real custom mappers that can send you maps for £150-£200.

Hi,

Cant comment on the tuning box that you have bought but the figures quoted above suggest that its very close in terms of power increase to that of a regular remap for a TDi. You could've bought a bluefin handset or chippedUK handset that would have given you the ability to change maps when you wished via the OBD port on your car. With the bluefin one you get a single map and can change back and forth between the original map your car came with and the new bluefin one. With ChippedUK's box you have the choice of a few maps (i have 2 on mine) which you can also change between as you wish.

They are both price @ circa £400 but IMO are better than the box as you can remove and replace maps at anytime.

Good luck with your box, get parts that will receive extra strain (clutch, turbo etc) checked over before fitting it for peace of mind :)

Enjoy!

Hehe:laugh: didn't see your post there mikey...

Last edited:
Aha, wasn't aware of that... re the new ecu's. For what it's worth, I paid £100 for my alientech box 2nd hand and £150 for 2 maps. So a lil saving but thanks to the link to the brand new one's for £305. I'd have grabbed one of those had I seen that before.