Facelift Childseat in S3

RustyTheSnowman

Reaction score
I have my S3 on order and have specced the super-sports seats. I need to buy a child seat for my daughter, preferably (but not essential) rear-facing, swivelling and that uses isofix.

Do you have one in your car that you'd recommend? I will go and look of course, but there are so many options it'd be good to have a shortlist first.

Thanks!

I have the below and would recommend it. It is currently on offer where you buy the seat and you get the ISO fix base for free
http://www.mothercare.com/baby-car-...ebble-baby-car-seat---black-lines/874213.html

They have a demo In my local mothercare, I'm sure it will be the same in them all

Only issue I have which I think will be the same with all seats in an S3 (mines a sportback) is you have to pull the passenger seat quite far forward to fit it in

A cybex Sirona fits fine assuming you have a sportback / Saloon and it's a group 1/2 you are looking for. Beyond that I'd recommend the Cybex Pallas M-Fix. The front pad is an awesome design and takes a good part of the g-force shock out of a collision.

My little one is 8 now but had to get him a funky seat once he reached the right age/size.

Got a Recaro Monza seatfix - has speakers in the head rest so they can have an MP3 player connected for their own music :sunglasses:

I have my S3 on order and have specced the super-sports seats. I need to buy a child seat for my daughter, preferably (but not essential) rear-facing, swivelling and that uses isofix.

Do you have one in your car that you'd recommend? I will go and look of course, but there are so many options it'd be good to have a shortlist first.

Thanks!
We've the Cybex Sirona in our main car (A4) and I couldn't rate it highly enough. It does just fit in the S3 sportback behind the drivers seat (I'm 5 ft 10). Normally in the S3 is a Maxi Cosi Tobi (forward facing) that fits fine. All I'd suggest is getting seat protectors - prince lion heart do a great 2 piece to protect the seat and they also do back of seat protectors for when they are forward facing.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

My little one is 8 now but had to get him a funky seat once he reached the right age/size.

Got a Recaro Monza seatfix - has speakers in the head rest so they can have an MP3 player connected for their own music :sunglasses:
Plus point is the recaro ones look awesome! :D :p

Plus point is the recaro ones look awesome! :D :p

That was the main reason, and to go with the R32's Recaro buckets :grinning:

To the OP Cybex is supposed to be a decent brand, few years back I worked for a sign company and Cybex was just starting out over here - we made the display boxes for the seats to stand on (useless fact for you)

Reactions: azibux1
Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!

My current shortlist consists of the Recaro Zero.1, Cybex Sirona, Britax Dualfix and Maxi-Cosi AxissFix. Will go for a browse this weekend and see what we like.

I've just googled the Recaro, that looks smart! I think your daughter would choose that one if you asked.

Reactions: RustyTheSnowman
We have a BeSafe and it's tight. The BeSafe rear facing seat from birth was manageable but now he's a bit bigger he's in the bigger rear facing seat and I can't sit in the front comfortably. I can't see how any rear facing seat in the S3 gives any baby/child enough leg room to allow us in the front enough space. So the wifes getting another car and the S3 is now a wasted station car for me.

Completely agree with @DeckedS3 about the BeSafe and most car seats in general. I'm 6' 3" and there's no chance of a car seat fitting behind me hence why we mostly drive the Q5, getting in the S3 is a luxury these days :sob:

I'm lucky (in this respect) to be 5'8" and my wife is 6 inches shorter than that. So long as we can put the childseat in the back behind the passenger seat and both be reasonably comfortable in the front (whether she's in the passenger seat or I am) then we'll be happy.

I have a Maxicosi Tobi in my S3 Sportback and it has been spot on. Didn't bother with Iso fix when he grew out of his first baby car seat (which was also a maxi cosi) as the seat is in and comes out rarely.

We pull the passenger seat forward if he has shoes on as he has long legs so puts his feet on the back of the seat! if he is in socks, I don't mind!