Child Lock Malfunction

craigomills

Reaction score
Had a strange one this morning - the DIS flashed up Child Lock Malfunction and the nearside door switch wouldn't operate. Stopped the car and checked the door, nothing obvious still showed the message. Turned the car off for 5 mins and restarted - warning gone!!

Anyone else had this?

No issues here. Bet do check if there is a code. Replicate and take a video for your local stealers. Save yourself done the line.

Not had that specific error but my other half couldn’t open the rear offside door, from the outside, last weekend. Cue me pressing all the lock/unlock buttons and eventually it opened but I’m fairly sure the doors were unlocked at the time.

Have put this down to ‘user error’ - I may have been fiddling with the buttons earlier. Blamed the missus though, as is default.

I had no kids at the time in the car and the locks were not enabled. My local dealer cant fit me in for another 5 ****** weeks!!!

I had no kids at the time in the car and the locks were not enabled. My local dealer cant fit me in for another 5 ****** weeks!!!

Your taking it to the dealer because of this? Personally I wouldn't bother, unless it keeps happening which would be annoying.

Ermm yeh, two small kids in the back (when not being used for work) and even if its minor I wouldn't want the doors having any problems should an emergency arise...

Fair enough. I didn't realise you had two small kids. Do you find yours play with the handles much? I don't think mine even know they exist!

No they aren't too bad to be fair - the switches to turn the child lock on and off are a god send - such a good idea.