1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

checking cam timing with vcds a4 b7 2.0tdi 170

cannywingate Sep 27, 2014

1. cannywingate

cannywingate Member

is thear anyone with vcds that can chech cam timing injector timing on my 2.0 tdi 170 in the notheast willing to travel and pay just trying to rule this out as iv got uneven tickover and smoke when ticking over when cold dose not bother me most of the time as long as i drive staghtaway until worm then it runs perfect just gets anoying if your stuck in traffic when its cold thanks cannywingate

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group quattro

Have you checked the glow plugs are good and the engine temperature sensor as well.

4. cannywingate

cannywingate Member

No I haven't checked them not really sure how to I know about the temp censor giving problems il have to check how much a censor is just need some one to check cam timing just to rule it out but thanks for your reply

5. Calasp

Calasp Member

I’ve been looking for this same fix and can only find Avon tuning who can and will do it £280 but I live 200miles away from Bristol does anybody know anybody who can do this as I’ve researched the life out of this and it seems to be a massive problem when having a belt changed on 2.0tdi 170