Check this oot

Jassyo06

T-Cut King !
Reaction score
l think it looks pretty smart...good on the chap,but what bugs me is the xenon headlights are these xenons from a A3 sport,Ps its a PFL S3 Saloon car
A media  1
A media 2
A medi 3

Reactions: DeeGee68, pburv, Broonie22 and 5 others
Yea decent conversion that! I don't know why, but even at that level I still can't stand people putting the RS badge on it, when it's not! To me the 'soul' of the RS car's are their engine. If it's not a 2.5 or a V8 (we wont mention the new V6 RS cars now....) then I don't think it can have them IMO...

The most ridiculous conversion I've seen was a great chap over on A5OC that converted his S5 Cab to an RS5 Cab.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/build-threads/39521-mod-not-faint-hearted.html

attachment.php

Takes some marbles to do this to your P&J...!

Looked great by the end....oh...an not an RS badge in sight ;)

Reactions: pburv and Audi Bairn
Yea decent conversion that! I don't know why, but even at that level I still can't stand people putting the RS badge on it, when it's not! To me the 'soul' of the RS car's are their engine. If it's not a 2.5 or a V8 (we wont mention the new V6 RS cars now....) then I don't think it can have them IMO...

The most ridiculous conversion I've seen was a great chap over on A5OC that converted his S5 Cab to an RS5 Cab.

attachment.php

but this guy is selling it with just 7000 miles on the clock for £27k bargain for someone

Reactions: pburv

attachment.php

"Soul of the car is the RS engine" better get aff that 8V RS3 forum right noo.....lol

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, DW81 and 2 others
Interesting conversation with the insurance company if it was in a crash as to S3 or RS3

Reactions: Audi Bairn and KenL
Interesting conversation with the insurance company if it was in a crash as to S3 or RS3
It's no been in crash *** stop moving the goal posts lol

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn, azibux1 and 2 others
What should we be checking out? Please explain...

Forget that, I now see that it is an S3.

I hate how people try to make a car look like something it is not. Especially when an A3 (S3) is already such a great car.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and DW81
"Soul of the car is the RS engine" better get aff that 8V RS3 forum right noo.....lol

Haha!

I wont need a car for a long while. GF will probably want to change up from the Mini in the next couple of years though. Not sure I can convince her to spend £30k+ on a used RS3...not to mention the running costs!

She loves the A1... :sos:

Reactions: pburv, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
but this guy is selling it with just 7000 miles on the clock for £27k bargain for someone

Nope. I wouldn't touch a "modded" car like that with a barge pole. I wouldn't go near any modded car though.

It's no been in crash *** stop moving the goal posts lol

Or imagine someone stealing it, only to discover it’s only an S3... these goal posts are very light today

Reactions: pburv, richinsoton, DW81 and 1 other person

Your not getting the ethos behind my thread mate? Nothing to do with a badge or any insurance company they won't block yer insurance because of a logo

Your not getting the ethos behind my thread mate? Nothing to do with a badge or any insurance company they won't block yer insurance because of a logo
I meant trying to claim it as an RS3 as opposed to actually being an S3

Reactions: Jassyo06
That is one hell of a bargain with all those mods and mileage. The exhaust system alone must have cost a few pennies. On the headlights question, I have no idea.

Reactions: pburv and Jassyo06
Headlights are standard Xenons from the FL SE and Sport trims.

l think it looks pretty smart...good on the chap,but what bugs me is the xenon headlights are these xenons from a A3 sport,Ps its a PFL S3 Saloon carView attachment 145173 View attachment 145174 View attachment 145175
Speechless, I will never understand why people go to these extremes to make a car what it isn’t. Just my opinion if I really wanted to buy an rs3 saloon I would have sold the s3 no doubt the money spent on the conversions and mods would have helped, saved the up the rest depending on finances and bought the real deal.

Reactions: Broonie22, richinsoton, Audi Bairn and 2 others
I’m not a massive conversion fan but it does look good and those wheels are far nicer than the RS3 saloon options.

Must have cost a fortune doing it.

Reactions: pburv, Broonie22 and Jassyo06
Agree on the alloys I find myself looking at the older alloy designs for some summer rims on the rs3 and these are my favourite. I think there from the rs4 so will need to source the correct size for my car, don’t even know if the make them to fit my car.

Agree on the alloys I find myself looking at the older alloy designs for some summer rims on the rs3 and these are my favourite. I think there from the rs4 so will need to source the correct size for my car, don’t even know if the make them to fit my car.
They are options on the S3 with mag ride so would have thought would fit an RS3, I’m not very technical though...

They are options on the S3 with mag ride so would have thought would fit an RS3, I’m not very technical though...
Thanks for the reply mate. I don’t suppose you would have a part number for this alloy otherwise abit of investigating is needed on my part. Seen loads of replicas but want genuine.

Thanks for the reply mate. I don’t suppose you would have a part number for this alloy otherwise abit of investigating is needed on my part. Seen loads of replicas but want genuine.
I don’t I’m afraid mate, they are 19 v spoke titanium’s. Somebody on here is bound to know.

GF will probably want to change up from the Mini in the next couple of years though.
I love the Mini, if I were downsizing 3 cars would be on my list Mini cooper S, the 2018 Fiesta ST and the VW Polo GTi.

attachment.php

Totally agree re the badges. Fair enough do the mods to change the appearance etc if that's your thing but don't claim it's something it's not.
I remember the S5 conversion from our days on that forum - massive job it was too.

Reactions: pburv, DrEskimo and Flying Scotsman
My point being was the RS3 Saloon only has different bumpers,plus the single frame grille where as the Sportback RS3 has wider front wheel arches,making a conversion a whole lot more difficult,now whats wrong with putting the front bumper and grill on your S3 car from the RS3...yeah l agree the badge is a no no,even the exhausts,I hate the front of the S3

Last edited:
Reactions: pburv and Flying Scotsman
My point being was the RS3 Saloon only has different bumpers,plus the single frame grille where as the Sportback RS3 has wider front wheel arches,making a conversion a whole lot more difficult,now whats wrong with putting the front bumper and grill on your S3 car from the RS3...yeah l agree the badge is a no no,even the exhausts,I hate the front the S3

The front of the S3 is far from being sexy. I would like to see a lower height profile on the grille and also the way the hood lines up with the grille to be like the TTS on the 2019 3 series. Also remove the teardrop headlights as well

first-drive-2018-audi-tt-rs-roadster-review-car-and-driver-photo-671038-s-450x274.jpg

Reactions: pburv, EvOS3, DrEskimo and 1 other person
The front of the S3 is far from being sexy. I would like to see a lower height profile on the grille and also the way the hood lines up with the grille to be like the TTS on the 2019 3 series. Also remove the teardrop headlights as well

first-drive-2018-audi-tt-rs-roadster-review-car-and-driver-photo-671038-s-450x274.jpg

And plus put them 4 circles on the bonnet....they look far better on the bonnet than on the grille

Reactions: pburv, gamegenie, DrEskimo and 1 other person

They really did nail the front of the new TT. Of the new generation, I only like R8, TT and A4 Avant. A3 is OK, don’t think they look particulary better or worse with the facelift, but I do think they made all the other models look worse....particularly the A5 and Q7....

Reactions: pburv and DW81
The front on the TTrs is absolutely spot on, looks every part of a top end model and the FL rs3 looks superb too. My only gripe with the 3 is the rear reflectors incased in the rear bumper, not a fan sorry.

Reactions: Terminator x
Haha seen this car local to me, looks very odd. Birmingham has strange conversions driving around for sure.

I was surprised at how quickly he did the conversion as I saw it a few months back, and yeah those headlights bug me too, not even the proper FL S3 Leds lol

I meant trying to claim it as an RS3 as opposed to actually being an S3

Wouldn't be too hard, the reg would bring it up as an S3 straight away.

Appreciate the work that's gone in to it but as others have said, it's not an RS so shouldn't be badged up as one.

Why badge as a RS3? Daft imho.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bristle Hound and DW81
l think it looks pretty smart...good on the chap,but what bugs me is the xenon headlights are these xenons from a A3 sport,Ps its a PFL S3 Saloon carView attachment 145173 View attachment 145174 View attachment 145175
Unlike
Not a fan of this sort of thing TBH
BUT each to their own
Would I buy one ? Nope. I'd rather buy a Nissan Micra lol
I love the Mini, if I were downsizing 3 cars would be on my list Mini cooper S, the 2018 Fiesta ST and the VW Polo GTi.
@S32B - The new petrol F56 MINI Cooper S' are fab
The 2 litre turbo engine is a real peach
How do I know ? The wife has a 5 door petrol Cooper S :D

Reactions: pburv
It's almost unforgivable how Audi had the right concept for the RS3 sedan when they released the Clubsport, and instead of keeping it in the TT styled look.
They just took an S3 body and slapped a different grill and diffuser on it and called it RS3 sedan.

audi-a3-clubsport-quattro-concept-sitting.jpg

But looking past that on the current RS3 sedan, the one thing I think could have at least been addressed is the grille.

No not the shape. But the pattern used within.

The concept cars (A3 Clubsport Quattro Concept, Audi Quattro Sport Concept) use a scale like pattern that in my opinion looks better than the cheap honeycomb grill below.

2018-audi-rs3-sedan-11.jpg

A3Clubsportgrill.jpg

The scale look, is far superior looking than what Audi is putting out right now.

Reactions: pburv, EvOS3, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Unlike
Not a fan of this sort of thing TBH
BUT each to their own
Would I buy one ? Nope. I'd rather buy a Nissan Micra lol

@S32B - The new petrol F56 MINI Cooper S' are fab
The 2 litre turbo engine is a real peach
How do I know ? The wife has a 5 door petrol Cooper S :D
Yeah ye summed that up well....???? Yer wife has one @Bristle Hound :sign ban: lol

Reactions: pburv and Bristle Hound
That is one hell of a bargain with all those mods and mileage. The exhaust system alone must have cost a few pennies. On the headlights question, I have no idea.
I don't get the headlights either. All those changes and the expense then not to have led's seems a bit daft.