Check if you're affected.

Not sure why you are happy that your car is one of the affected ones ?

mines effected, best get a decent curtsy car lol

You say "affected" but do you actually know what the ramifications are?

There will be a recall to remove the software I'd imagine, but what after that? The defeat device worked to reduce NOx emissions not CO2, so there should be no VED/tax implications

You say "affected" but do you actually know what the ramifications are?

There will be a recall to remove the software I'd imagine, but what after that? The defeat device worked to reduce NOx emissions not CO2, so there should be no VED/tax implications
I'll be honest I don't know. My worry is, will 'fixes' reduce mpg?

That's my worry too.

The California emissions regs are horrifically stringent, hence the device. Europe's aren't as bad, so as long as they still meet Euro spec then why bother.

I'm not worried at all. My pal works at Audi and he said you will see no change or effect to you or your vehicle. How true that is no one actually seems to know. I work in the car industry and spoke to a few people from different sectors and everyone has said the same. The media as blown it up and it's something or nothing.

I've read that while this is a disaster for VAG as it knocks down all it claims to stand for environmentally etc, the much bigger issue for big companies is, if this could have happened to VAG, it could happen anywhere else, so corporate governance will now be under the spotlight. Big businesses were said to have sniggered when the banks messed up and thought "it could not happen to us" - that way of thinking just seems to have changed.

Reactions: JohnboyC
I would check my lap top is ******** and can't do it on my phone have to wait

Affected +1

I wonder if this will be complusary or not? and if so how they will enforce it.

I am hoping we can just ignore any recall.

MY09 B8 2.0 TDI 170

I'm affected :(

Looks like the lower power 2.0 TDI's are okay.

My 2013 Q3 2.0 TDi 140 was affected... glad I sold it a few weeks ago for top money :yahoo:

Reactions: jdp1962
My 2010 A4 2.0tdi S-line Quattro Avant (170) and my wife's 2013 A4 S-line saloon (177) are both affected.
Apparently the defeat fix will involve both hardware and software fixes and will affect fuel economy or performance or both.
Some people have stated its something of nothing - not the point as I feel very cheated by the VW group and if they offer a buy back my Audi is going for sure !

Last edited:
My 2013 A4 2.0TDI S-line Black Edition Quattro Avant (177) is on the list, but luckily for me I traded it in 10 days ago for a new A4 Black Edition NAV with the new EU6 engine

Reactions: JohnboyC
Me and my mates are both effected
Mine is 2012 a4 black edtion avant 2.0tdi 143
And my mates 2011 a4 black edtion avant 2.0tdi 143

Is it for sure it's going to be power and fuel Eco down ??

The news said starts Jan 2016 all the way to Dec 16

Mine is also affected. Even though it is 88kw version. Not good. I will now lose the remap. It has to be done, because otherwise it will fail MOT.
Finnish or german sites did not tell the info but the link on the top had the information.