Check Engine Light on 2007 S3

XPOWER

Reaction score
Last night the Check Engine Symbol came on and staid on.
I left the car overnight but it was still on this morning.

There is no problem with the way the car runs so I hope it's nothing expensive.

I've booked the car into the dealers next week to have it check.
The service desk said it's probably some kind of electrical fault.

I know its just a general warning but what is the usual cause for the warning on an S3?

Like you said, its a very general warning and can be any number of things. The only sure way to know what caused it is to scan it. Any members with vcds in you area?

Like you said, its a very general warning and can be any number of things. The only sure way to know what caused it is to scan it. Any members with vcds in you area?

I thought it was a longshot asking about a warning light that could mean anything.
I'll take it to the dealers and let them charge me for a 2 min job just to telling me that it's going to cost more money to actually fix it.

Have you looked at the vcds map? There might be someone nearby that can help you.

Have you looked at the vcds map? There might be someone nearby that can help you.

I've never noticed that there is a vcds map option on the menu. :keule:
There are two people near me so I will send a PM to ask.

Thanks.

My last car used to throw up the CEL , it was usually an O2 censor and would go off after 3 cycles (hot to cold x3 )
Fingers crossed for you :encouragement:

Reactions: Marine_918 and XPOWER
My last car used to throw up the CEL , it was usually an O2 censor and would go off after 3 cycles (hot to cold x3 )
Fingers crossed for you :encouragement:

You were right I started the car up today to drive home and the engine warning light was off. :)
I've cancelled my appointment with the garage.

Is it still worth getting the error code checked out via vcds (not at the dealers)?