Cheapest way to lower an A3

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
as above chaps, i need to convince the misus to drop her monster truck by id say 20-40mm

dont want coilovers, im thinking a set of springs, wack em on...then bosh....done

will i need adjustable drop links, ARB etc...i assume not from reading past posts buut want clarification

also what can i expect given the old shock units, granted not as good as new Billy's

jom coilovers are 180 quid from DPM. brings will cost the best part of a hundred and will screw up ur shocks etc over time anyway. may aswell just save a bit longer n get those mate.

i have those coilovers. i gotta say after a week of being in pot hole vally (margate) now we back home to normal road the coilovers have settled very nicely. no where near as stiff as they first were. U say u just want spring but your killing 2 bird with 1 stone buy getting the coils. The new shocks will see you well.

if you really want springs tho Ebays ya best bet. think you can get a 40mm drop for £60-70

jom coilovers are 180 quid from DPM. brings will cost the best part of a hundred and will screw up ur shocks etc over time anyway. may aswell just save a bit longer n get those mate.

cheers chaps.... will have a chat with her regard the coilover option then, just didnt want to have to fanny about that much to be fair..... cost is due to the fact that im trying to sort the car on a budget as this will suffer the same fate as her Mini and get used once or twice a month

IMO animal, it will be easyer to fit the coils. unbolt like for like. Rears will take you 10 mins on a ramp, and the front will take 20 mins. No need for spring compressors as you will leave the old springs on the struts. the only thing i would advise to anyone fitting coilovers is grease up the threads before fitting so they dont ever seize up. Other than messuring the ride hight before you put them on mate, its as good as a swap! :)

Cheapest way to lower an A3 ?

Giving a fat family a lift to Maccy Dees????? ;)

sorry mate I dont have a mature or sensible answer

Hi,
I' m going to be getting some coilovers in the next 2 weeks so will have my springs up for sale, lowers about 35-40 mm
£35 + postage if you're interested.
Dan

the shocks really wont last well with just springs it will end up with a wolowey ride not good, as said though the cheap coilover kit would be my choice less work and as long as they dont fail will do you better in the long run and save some pennies to

Cheap coilovers would be my choice too, for 180 quid you cant really go wrong. Plus you can get the car sitting just right too.

Might not be the best for ride and handling but they're cheap :)

I love the way mine drives now but I kind of wish it was a tad lower...but saying that its how it drives rather than how it looks for me.

Oh, and I'd have saved about £400 if I got coilovers :)

to be fair mate Tara really isnt that bothered, the fact that ive just thrown another £180 bill at her for sumat she aint that bothered about.....looks like its staying as it is for a bit

nope if he wants them he can pay for em :)

Tara (thanks for all your help with the car btw)

dont worry bout that sunshine, i'll just create her an account on ukmivs and she wont know the difference ;)