Cheap Whisky

grimey121uk

Reaction score
Me and the Mrs were at Macro yesterday and noticed the following;

It's actually one of my favourite malts and it's usually around £45, of course we picked a few bottles up:)

That is a good price.

Reactions: Gazwould
I work for the company that produces it, and it is an amazing dram (although I would say that wouldn't I???!!!), we also produce Laphroaig, Bowmore, Ardmore and a load of others, but I'm much more into my non peated,and Auchy is perfect for me. (You should also try the American Oak, tiny bit more sweetness / honey - lovely!)

The difference in spelling is down to the Irish and Americans trying to differentiate themselves from scotch back in the day when there was some very very ropey scotch being sold around the world when Ireland and the USA where starting to export.

Reactions: Sandra and jdp1962
@jdp1962 maybe a few bottles as an Xmas treat is in order. An nice Jura superstition or glenmorangie. :) x

Reactions: jdp1962 and gordie1973
I work for the company that produces it, and it is an amazing dram (although I would say that wouldn't I???!!!), we also produce Laphroaig, Bowmore, Ardmore and a load of others, but I'm much more into my non peated,and Auchy is perfect for me. (You should also try the American Oak, tiny bit more sweetness / honey - lovely!)

The difference in spelling is down to the Irish and Americans trying to differentiate themselves from scotch back in the day when there was some very very ropey scotch being sold around the world when Ireland and the USA where starting to export.

Bowmore 18 is my absolute favourite.
I'm not a fan ok the Auchentashun American Oak but I do have a bottle of their 21yr old to open on Christmas I do like Laphoaig, the 10yr old is a good dram but not to keen on their older ones. The Japanese blend Hibiki is also top notch.

Luckily the Mrs is also inter her Whisky, her favourite being Auchentashun Virgin Oak.

We added a few bottles to our collection in October when we last visited, the same trip we upgraded to the S3 (expensive trip), the Glen Fiddich 21yr old is also a good one.

Last edited:
Reactions: gordie1973
@jdp1962 maybe a few bottles as an Xmas treat is in order. An nice Jura superstition or glenmorangie. :) x
Ah, I'm afraid I'm not a whisky drinker. I never quite got the taste for it. But in my days as a barman at Edinburgh University, I had a pal from the highlands (Forres, IIRC) who was on first name terms with every single distillery within a 100 mile radius. He passed on all his wisdom to me, and I became the go-to expert for every customer.

Reactions: Sandra
Aberlour 10yr Malt for £20.00
Jura original for £23.99
Old Pulteney for £23.99

All at Aldi yesterday.