Cheap Mods for 8P3

Chappy

Call me Dan!
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Well I've only had my A3 for 5 days and already want to mod :)
Main question is, what mods would you do first? That are cheap but effective aswell :)

Long terms plans will be the LED Bi-Xenons but for now, I should be getting the wheels refurbed in September providing they don't sell in the mean time. I'd also like spacers aswell, and lowering. Has anyone put spacers on the front and back? Pictures?
My car also needs the rear windows darkened, and then eventually get Nigel over to do all my ICE :)
But just after something to make it stand out a little for the time being.

Cheers,
Dan.

I would consider this as very cheap but effective mod:

New+Car+Scent+magic+tree.jpg

:ninja:

Reactions: Sean Irons, Reece Brookes and aky20
Haha, still got the smell of fresh leather :) Plus I don't find the tree freshners last that long!

Only thing that's 'cheap' and will be visible (e.g. As per your wish to 'stand out') is lowering springs or spacers. You can get tints done pretty cheap these days (I got mine done for just over £100), so another big ticket visual mod for ****** all £.

Most of the mods on here a pretty cheap...just look at Voorhees :lmfao:

Paint your bonnet,roof and wheels black.
Everyone else seems to be doing it.:sos:

Paint your bonnet,roof and wheels black.
Everyone else seems to be doing it.:sos:

Could even put a red ring round the outer edge of the alloys a la RS3 ;-)

Thanks for the replies gents :)

Well, my car is already black haha, the wheels will be going anthracite like the BE, don't think gloss black would suit it imo :)
Spacers and lowering should be getting sorted later this year :)

I have ordered an S-Line tax disk holder! :rockwoot:haha

Thanks for the replies gents :)

Well, my car is already black haha, the wheels will be going anthracite like the BE, don't think gloss black would suit it imo :)
Spacers and lowering should be getting sorted later this year :)

I have ordered an S-Line tax disk holder! :rockwoot:haha

Make sure its the twist off and not the unsrcew version...

Make sure its the twist off and not the unsrcew version...

+1, had both and the unscrew version is a PITA. Get some extra adhesive pads too as 3 just is't enough. Mine has one on each hex head as it kept falling off under extreme sun heat up.

It's just like a the standard dealership holder but it's black and says S-Line on it :) So no screws etc.
I won't be getting plate surrounds, nor the valve caps as they'll get stolen :( Possibly pressed plates but if I'm gonna do it, I'll do it legally and get them with the legal markings and that are reflective.

Got someone interested in my S-Line's so currently looking at BBS CK's, shouldn't cost me too much to change :)

Totally agree with what the guys have said about the tax disc holder! Total PITA with the screw off ones, ..don't know how many screws I managed to lose in the footwell of my old car, when shivering my ***s off tring to swap my tax discs over at the end of December for 3 years!! Brrrrrr!!!

As Chappy says, pressed plates are really cool addition to any car if they are the legal ones. I bought a set from Dubmeister a few years back and while they are really smart, they are aso the most expensive, plus you also have to send them your original docs. You can buy them from this place for £29.99 including VAT and postage and you only have to send them photocopies of your docs, which can be faxed or emailed. They are totally legal in every way, all markings where they should be, fonts, sizes and spacings as well as reflective.

Black and silver number plates legal We offer FREE Postage,Vintage & Classic Old number plates for cars bikes motorcycles tractors military vehicles, metal and pressed aluminium number plates, black and white number plates

Cheap mods:

Air ride
Hardline install
Buckets
Retrim
19" BBS Super RS
RS6 brakes Front S3 rear

That shud tie you over :laugh:

Reactions: FranA3, Chappy and Christer
Can anyone recommend an ebay clear indicator so my headlights are nice and uniform? The orange tint at the side has to go!

Cheap mods:

Air ride
Hardline install
Buckets
Retrim
19" BBS Super RS
RS6 brakes Front S3 rear

That shud tie you over :laugh:

Cheers N8 :) haha if only!
Wouldn't mind the buckets at some point though! Are they just plug and play with seat heaters and airbag wiring?? What's the usual going rate for these?

The S3 ones are plug n play, obviously the same plugs as the A3. But the RS4 ones like I have - have different plugs, so it involves re-wiring etc. Going rate is £1500+ for 2 or about £2k for an interior these days.

you got the red led roof lights ? got a spare lighting module if your interested.

Remap £300
S3 Pedals £120
LED Rear Number plate lights £30

Warren, I haven't :)
Is this the one with map reading lights aswell? Also in black for S/L interior?

Remap will be coming shortly, but the 140s aren't that bad as they are imo :)

Warren, I haven't :)
Is this the one with map reading lights aswell? Also in black for S/L interior?

Remap will be coming shortly, but the 140s aren't that bad as they are imo :)

i love the 140's but didnt you have an s3?:huh:

Nope, not me :)

Quickest car I've had was a 240bhp Leon Cupra TFSI :) That was before my current Audi. Yes it was quicker then this, but the fuel costs were stupid so I could never use that power :(

+1, had both and the unscrew version is a PITA. Get some extra adhesive pads too as 3 just is't enough. Mine has one on each hex head as it kept falling off under extreme sun heat up.
I bought the new richbrook twist off type from eBay.. And it came with 8 of those little sticky pad thingies.. Tbh 6 was plenty.. Only ting with the metal holders is they end up quite far up/in on the screen to get it to sit flat as the edge glass is very curved.. :huh:

cheapo mods would have to be red led lights in the roof (the ones warren is on about) , led number plate lights , interior lighting bought off robina3 (if he still does them) , set of lowering springs and last but not least one or two of n8 lovely air freshers they're epic :wub:

LED interior/number plate lights and de-wiper rear. Two best bang for buck mods a man can do to his 8P!

Thanks for ideas guys :)

I don't think I'll be de-wipering mine, but lowering yes :)

Nally, it was my mum's 8P3 Black Edition 1.8T, we swapped cars for a while that's all. My tax disk holder came yesterday, de-badged the other week too :) Just going to give her another bath now :respekt:

im still not decided if im going to dewiper mine it spring broke last year in the heavy snow we had and still not got round to either fixing it or binning it i did try to get it off a few months back but its solid and didnt want to break anything lol

I bought the new richbrook twist off type from eBay.. And it came with 8 of those little sticky pad thingies.. Tbh 6 was plenty.. Only ting with the metal holders is they end up quite far up/in on the screen to get it to sit flat as the edge glass is very curved.. :huh:

the trick is dont stick it to the window.. .slot it down between the dash and the windscreen... Add one of two pads just to keep it tight.. sorted!!

what if you put it up at the top of the windscreen? where the visor is so if you pulled the sun visor down the tax disc would be hidden from inside the car?

the trick is dont stick it to the window.. .slot it down between the dash and the windscreen... Add one of two pads just to keep it tight.. sorted!!

there is one downside to this though, at present i have no sticky pads as i recently put in a new tax disc.. As a result when i was driving spirited the other day as i approached a L/H'er the holder flew across my dash to my side and nearly went out the window :lmfao:

Reactions: Lings
Thanks guys, my cars is a manual, although I do miss the chrome pedals from my cupra :(