Cheap mod for £12, major cosmetic difference.......recommended

Paul-S3

Reaction score
Well, for £12 this has to be one of the most bang for buck mods i've made to the s3 so far, lol

Bought a set of these off the bay AUDI S3 8P 8PA 2007 NO CANBUS ERROR SIDELIGHT LED BULB on eBay (end time 06-Jun-11 23:27:03 BST)

Led sidelights, once fitted it makes a hell of a visual difference, get's rid of that crap yellow glow and replaces it with an ice white glow just like the xenons, here's some pics

NORMAL SIDELIGHTS

DSC06188.jpg

LED SIDELIGHTS

DSC06187.jpg

SIDE BY SIDE

DSC06186.jpg

FINISHED PRODUCT

DSC06189.jpg

Reactions: TM, claretblue and N8
Nice i had these and they were perfect at first but after 6 months they got worse and worse with warnings etc and then just stopped working. Also i have heard they can melt the plastic so keep checking.

Other than that it looks great :D

Reactions: Sim
Ran a set of these on my M3 e46 for over a year with no problems so hopefully the s3 will be the same

Cheers Paul, I've been after decent sidelights for a while so will give these a go, do you have to fit them a certain way if you get me?

Cheers Paul, I've been after decent sidelights for a while so will give these a go, do you have to fit them a certain way if you get me?

Yeah, just put it in and then turn the lights on before refitting, i guessed right on one and wrong on the other, lol.

Those look very smart, Paul. They really give the front end a much crisper more modern look. As you say, lots of bang for not a lot of buck, lol. :)

Paulie

They look great. Might have to get some in mine once I get it back from the stealer. Hope they're easy to fit. Not tried yet obviously but it my old mk4 golf changing side light bulbs was a mission!

Looks good. Worth spending a similar amount on some more modern number plates I reckon. The modern Euro Plates make a car look better IMHO.

Umm, about a day or so after I said I wasnt going to mod the car I went and bought those lights... havent even got the car yet >_>

But thanks!

First post... Ordered me a set of those bad boys as well

really should go to introductions now!

Reactions: MartayMcFly
very nice matey why is it so hard to find these things to fit our cars stupid audi's lol hell of a difference to be fair

Fantastic for £12, took me 10 mins to fit and they look the nuts!
All I need now are some updated dip beams with a whitish/bluish tint to match these LED's.

Any recommendations?

had it done on mine a yr ago :) that's just the city light on no DRL

22-1.jpg

What are them lights between the fog lamps and the side lights?!?!

Are you after halogen bulbs? I'm looking for the same, doing a bit of research. Apparently these are meant to be decent.OSRAM NIGHTBREAKER PLUS H7 NIGHT BREAKER - VOLKSWAGEN | eBay UK If anyone has anymore recommendations it would be helpful.

I had Osram nightbreaker Plus delivered today. I'll let you know what they are like in terms of a match once I fit them. I had the Philips X-treme power ones before and they were a bit poo.

Just fitted the nightbreakers and took some rubbish pics. It was getting darker by the minute as I fitted them. They are certainly better than the Philips I had on my last car but are nowhere near as white/blue as the LEDs which I feel are a little too blue. They are certainly less yellow than what was fitted before but not by a huge amount. I'm thinking the PIAA ones could be better since they are about £35. I'll probably get some and shift these to the full beams since they are rarely used.

Side lights only

Sidesonly-1.jpg

Dipped beams. Left Nightbreaker - Right original

Leftandright.jpg

Both dipped Nightbreaker

Osrams.jpg

Glad I got mine when I did - they just whacked the price up to £49!

WOW! That's a nice profit margin.

The ones I linked are still only 9.00

omg, looks like they are trying to cash in on the surge of buyers all of a sudden, poor show, lol

lol nice feedback may follow suit when I can confirm mine actually work

Bought some 3 days ago from this guy, can't believe the price now??????

They do look good though but not for that price...

I only paid £11 three days ago

I'm gonna leave feedback on the price rise, hopefully nobody will buy them at this price as there s other suppliers with the same bulbs