Cheap intercooler?

If you Google the name you'll get a few hits.

Chinese appears often in the posts and usually when the product is that cheap there's a good reason.

wouldn't recommend going for a cheap intercooler stick to the ones you know about Dan !

there's cheaper intercooler in good brand like fmic Forge twintercooler

Twintercooler is not any cheaper at around £700.

Are there any other options at all on the market besides forge?

Oh i saw on some US website for 700$ n neuspeed fmic is also less 700$, Wagner n HG-motorsport both from Germany is around 800$

Oh i saw on some US website for 700$ n neuspeed fmic is also less 700$, Wagner n HG-motorsport both from Germany is around 800$

Can we buy from Germany cheaper?
Neupseed doesn't seem to have a dealer in Europe

Unitronic intercooler is for 560$ on moddedeuros website but again its for US

Dan, like salik mentioned unitronic $364 pounds (560 USD) you need to email and see if they will deliver to you but possibly might and be $450 delivered!

Dan, like salik mentioned unitronic $364 pounds (560 USD) you need to email and see if they will deliver to you but possibly might and be $450 delivered!

I saw that and it's a lovely bit of kit but importing and customs is a nightmare here... I know from doing many times before.
If I can find something in Germany or Europe for a similar price it would be better.

The 750eu one is tempting.

Wagner is quite popular in Europe n SA in mk7 Golf Gti but for A3/S3 we need to do some trimming before fitting also its 100euro more expensive than hg-motorsport intercooler

Hg looks like it's the biggest one, so leaning towards that.

Seriously mate: you buy cheap, you buy twice. You gotta pay to play in this game.

Reactions: batch, FBF01 and S3Alex
Seriously mate: you buy cheap, you buy twice. You gotta pay to play in this game.

This.. /\

The reason I chose a Proalloy for the 8P was exactly for that reason.
It was the best and still is..... Always get the best or as near as but never cheap copies.

Reactions: Salik Sajid
I bought the wagner for mine, £620 or there abouts iirc. Not fitted yet tho

I bought the wagner for mine, £620 or there abouts iirc. Not fitted yet tho
Not a bad price that.
Hg-Motorsport one is looking like a winner for me despite not being black.

Reactions: Salik Sajid
I'm currently in the process of seeking out a new Intercooler. Read a fair few threads and narrowed my search down to the Wagner and the Proalloy IC.

For the Wagner I've found the following info:

Competition intercooler has the following core size (610mm x 440mm x 65mm), providing a 10% larger frontalarea and 50% more volume compared to the original Audi S3 intercooler.
Wagner-Tuning "Competition" Core with high cooling performance and light weight (9,3KG).

And the Proalloy:

* Free flowing core 25% thicker and 16.5% larger frontal area over the oem unit.

* Extensive testing showed that the PRO cooler reduced the air intake temps to just 4 degrees above ambient. (The standard cooler only managed 16 degrees above ambient.

Im struggling to pick between the two, I'm no expert haha! I just want the best for my car, looking to map to stage 2+ or stage 3 by Christmas.

I'm currently in the process of seeking out a new Intercooler. Read a fair few threads and narrowed my search down to the Wagner and the Proalloy IC.

For the Wagner I've found the following info:

Competition intercooler has the following core size (610mm x 440mm x 65mm), providing a 10% larger frontalarea and 50% more volume compared to the original Audi S3 intercooler.
Wagner-Tuning "Competition" Core with high cooling performance and light weight (9,3KG).

And the Proalloy:

* Free flowing core 25% thicker and 16.5% larger frontal area over the oem unit.

* Extensive testing showed that the PRO cooler reduced the air intake temps to just 4 degrees above ambient. (The standard cooler only managed 16 degrees above ambient.

Im struggling to pick between the two, I'm no expert haha! I just want the best for my car, looking to map to stage 2+ or stage 3 by Christmas.
iv just ordered a revo cooler , tested on stage 2 and stage 3 audi s3 and golf r with strong results , good price with oem look

iv just ordered a revo cooler , tested on stage 2 and stage 3 audi s3 and golf r with strong results , good price with oem look
I spoke to the main Revo dealer around my area a few months ago, he said they where in the process of releasing a new Intercooler for the 2.0 tfsi engines but nothing ever came up on their website. Where did you buy it from buddy?

I spoke to the main Revo dealer around my area a few months ago, he said they where in the process of releasing a new Intercooler for the 2.0 tfsi engines but nothing ever came up on their website. Where did you buy it from buddy?
I spoke with Revo who gave me data on the cooler , then ordered it via SCC they are in stock at revo HQ

Reactions: Royceyy05
Is it a smaller front mount that works with the OEM IC or is it a direct replacement of the ORM cooler? Cheers.
replacement , its in the revo section

Cheers, I'll give them a call tomorrow, get some figures and a price

Cheers, I'll give them a call tomorrow, get some figures and a price
pm revo steve he is a decent chap and happy to reply, also revo have a stand at donnington park vag show this sunday

pm revo steve he is a decent chap and happy to reply, also revo have a stand at donnington park vag show this sunday
I'll drop him a message see what he says! Unfortunately I can't make it donnington this Sunday :( would have liked to have been there though

I'll drop him a message see what he says! Unfortunately I can't make it donnington this Sunday :( would have liked to have been there though
shame , some nice cars going lol
Scorp cars
Scorp cars

Are you on the Scorpion stand Paul ? Would love to hear your car and have a look under the hood.
I will be if the afternoon
Or ask for Allen he will show you the car mate

Reactions: Rob2k68
REVO cooler fitted , just got to have my settings adjusted to get the most , nice big intercooler with decent core and much bigger end tanks, fitting was a absolute killer but keeping stock look is never going to be easy

Reactions: Rob2k68
REVO cooler fitted , just got to have my settings adjusted to get the most , nice big intercooler with decent core and much bigger end tanks, fitting was a absolute killer but keeping stock look is never going to be easy

How much is the Revo cooler its not listed on there website yet? Do you know what the % volume increase is?