Cheap intercooler?

pat15312

DAZMC

wouldn't recommend going for a cheap intercooler stick to the ones you know about Dan !

Salik Sajid

there's cheaper intercooler in good brand like fmic Forge twintercooler

Dandanfings

Bronze Supporter
Twintercooler is not any cheaper at around £700.

Are there any other options at all on the market besides forge?

Salik Sajid

Oh i saw on some US website for 700$ n neuspeed fmic is also less 700$, Wagner n HG-motorsport both from Germany is around 800$

Dandanfings

Bronze Supporter
Oh i saw on some US website for 700$ n neuspeed fmic is also less 700$, Wagner n HG-motorsport both from Germany is around 800$

Can we buy from Germany cheaper?
Neupseed doesn't seem to have a dealer in Europe

Salik Sajid

Unitronic intercooler is for 560$ on moddedeuros website but again its for US

Salik Sajid

aussieR

Dan, like salik mentioned unitronic $364 pounds (560 USD) you need to email and see if they will deliver to you but possibly might and be $450 delivered!

Dandanfings

Bronze Supporter
Dan, like salik mentioned unitronic $364 pounds (560 USD) you need to email and see if they will deliver to you but possibly might and be $450 delivered!

I saw that and it's a lovely bit of kit but importing and customs is a nightmare here... I know from doing many times before.
If I can find something in Germany or Europe for a similar price it would be better.

The 750eu one is tempting.

Salik Sajid

Wagner is quite popular in Europe n SA in mk7 Golf Gti but for A3/S3 we need to do some trimming before fitting also its 100euro more expensive than hg-motorsport intercooler

Dandanfings

Bronze Supporter
Hg looks like it's the biggest one, so leaning towards that.

pat15312

Seriously mate: you buy cheap, you buy twice. You gotta pay to play in this game.

S3Alex

Rarely neutral
Gold Supporter
Seriously mate: you buy cheap, you buy twice. You gotta pay to play in this game.

This.. /\

The reason I chose a Proalloy for the 8P was exactly for that reason.
It was the best and still is..... Always get the best or as near as but never cheap copies.

Marc18

I bought the wagner for mine, £620 or there abouts iirc. Not fitted yet tho

Dandanfings

Bronze Supporter
I bought the wagner for mine, £620 or there abouts iirc. Not fitted yet tho
Not a bad price that.
Hg-Motorsport one is looking like a winner for me despite not being black.

Salik Sajid

Royceyy05

I'm currently in the process of seeking out a new Intercooler. Read a fair few threads and narrowed my search down to the Wagner and the Proalloy IC.

For the Wagner I've found the following info:

Competition intercooler has the following core size (610mm x 440mm x 65mm), providing a 10% larger frontalarea and 50% more volume compared to the original Audi S3 intercooler.
Wagner-Tuning "Competition" Core with high cooling performance and light weight (9,3KG).

And the Proalloy:

* Free flowing core 25% thicker and 16.5% larger frontal area over the oem unit.

* Extensive testing showed that the PRO cooler reduced the air intake temps to just 4 degrees above ambient. (The standard cooler only managed 16 degrees above ambient.

Im struggling to pick between the two, I'm no expert haha! I just want the best for my car, looking to map to stage 2+ or stage 3 by Christmas.

paulk

I'm currently in the process of seeking out a new Intercooler. Read a fair few threads and narrowed my search down to the Wagner and the Proalloy IC.

For the Wagner I've found the following info:

Competition intercooler has the following core size (610mm x 440mm x 65mm), providing a 10% larger frontalarea and 50% more volume compared to the original Audi S3 intercooler.
Wagner-Tuning "Competition" Core with high cooling performance and light weight (9,3KG).

And the Proalloy:

* Free flowing core 25% thicker and 16.5% larger frontal area over the oem unit.

* Extensive testing showed that the PRO cooler reduced the air intake temps to just 4 degrees above ambient. (The standard cooler only managed 16 degrees above ambient.

Im struggling to pick between the two, I'm no expert haha! I just want the best for my car, looking to map to stage 2+ or stage 3 by Christmas.
iv just ordered a revo cooler , tested on stage 2 and stage 3 audi s3 and golf r with strong results , good price with oem look

Royceyy05

iv just ordered a revo cooler , tested on stage 2 and stage 3 audi s3 and golf r with strong results , good price with oem look
I spoke to the main Revo dealer around my area a few months ago, he said they where in the process of releasing a new Intercooler for the 2.0 tfsi engines but nothing ever came up on their website. Where did you buy it from buddy?

paulk

I spoke to the main Revo dealer around my area a few months ago, he said they where in the process of releasing a new Intercooler for the 2.0 tfsi engines but nothing ever came up on their website. Where did you buy it from buddy?
I spoke with Revo who gave me data on the cooler , then ordered it via SCC they are in stock at revo HQ

Royceyy05

pm revo steve he is a decent chap and happy to reply, also revo have a stand at donnington park vag show this sunday
I'll drop him a message see what he says! Unfortunately I can't make it donnington this Sunday :( would have liked to have been there though

paulk

I'll drop him a message see what he says! Unfortunately I can't make it donnington this Sunday :( would have liked to have been there though
shame , some nice cars going lol
scorp cars.JPG
scorp cars.JPG

paulk

REVO cooler fitted , just got to have my settings adjusted to get the most , nice big intercooler with decent core and much bigger end tanks, fitting was a absolute killer but keeping stock look is never going to be easy

RobH_S3

REVO cooler fitted , just got to have my settings adjusted to get the most , nice big intercooler with decent core and much bigger end tanks, fitting was a absolute killer but keeping stock look is never going to be easy

How much is the Revo cooler its not listed on there website yet? Do you know what the % volume increase is?