cheap egr delete kit on ebay

I have been looking at these as well. I would say it would fit the audi.By the looks of it you would just need to cut the metal end from your turbo pipe to make it fit. Also it's way more cheaper than the allard version.

M

Even cheaper if you make a blank plate and on early models you don't have to have it mapped out

Guys,

you don't need any fancy kit like this. You need to just buy a blank, about £3, and then have it mapped out.

Rick

i thought about doing that as i made a few plates for other motors and a few transits i had a while back but ive read things about the butterfly bit braking off in the audi's and being sucked right into engine,not sure how true it is but i thought for £37 is it not worth just throwing it on?

first I have heard about the butterfly coming off on the B6!!

yeah i seem to recall reading on an audi forum somewhere and thats what made me think about just swapping the whole lot out rather than put a blanking plate on?
maybe it was just a one off as ive not read many more issues of it but where i read about doing away with egr's on the audi's there seems to be alot more people buying these kits than throwing a blanking plate on for some reason?

you may have read about swirl flaps breaking off on newer ones as thats been known to happen

yeah could have been pal,i just thought thats why most people replace the whole lot rather than put a plate on!
think i'll just make a plate up then and put that on, you saved me £37 squids now pal lol!

thats all i did was make a plate and plugged the end of the vac pipe on the egr

some people have just plugged the vac pipe to stop the egr opening

ive seen people selling two plates on ebay,one for each end and one guy goes on to suggest that you should block both ends due to oil vapor build up etc in the pipe if you only block one end up?
heres his quote-
"I recommend blanking of the opening in front of the EGR valve. It is not recommended to cap only at the outlet manifold in engines of the VAG consortium. It may cause filling of the tube connecting the outlet manifold with the EGR valve with a slurry of water and oil (the EGR valve shall still work and during opening cause penetration of oil particulates from the crankcase breather tube)."

its ****** mine has been blanked at one end for 2 years and came apart the other month and hardly had any oil in it

My 130 is blanked with just a cheapo plate off ebay and the hose plugged up. Has ran sweet as a nut for the last 10k, no noticeable downsides

i just recieved a plate off ebay today,quite thick actually!
did you just slide yours between the pipe and manifold and did it go in ok being so thick!! ooh err

Hi Brillo, I have just been informmed about blanking off the EGR but do not know where it is or how to go about it.
I also have a 2.5tdi Avant on an 06 plate. Could you help describe where to find this EGR valve and how/what you made the plate out of.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Even cheaper if you make a blank plate and on early models you don't have to have it mapped out
hi rick
I notice u say this a couple of times,can you tell me of any differences if its mapped out or not?
Ive blanked mine but put the light on. I assume if its mapped out the light wont come on.
Anythink else to note with a mapped out egr compared to just blanking.
Cheers.

It needs to be mapped out to work, plain and simple. If not, you will be constantly in limp mode, and the ECU will be expecting airflow through the EGR which it's no longer getting.

Thanks, Rick