Cheap Ebay Window regulators

norris_309

Reaction score
Hi All,
For the 3rd time now over the years a front window regulator is playing up.
In the past I've paid around the £50 mark for eurocarparts regulators & they've lasted a few years.

However I've now noticed some on ebay for £15! I know it's probably a case of you get what you pay for but seeing as the £50 ones don't last 'that' long & i'm not paying Audi prices. .
Just wonder about giving the cheap knock offs ago.
Anyone used one or a 'good' cheap aftermarket part?

Cheers

I've fitted cheap eBay regulators on several VAG cars without issue. On a couple of occasions the eBay parts have looked absolutely identical to the OEM parts.

Reactions: norris_309
Fitted one yesterday no problems other than one torx bolt didn't fit, used a smaller one. Works perfectly fine and looks just as good quality as the original.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

nice, one wasn't expecting that response.. was waiting to be told to buy genuine lol.
I'll get hold of one then, i'm used to replacing them now lol so worth a shot.
Regarding the torx bolt, guess we can use the existing ones instead of any provided it needed?

There were no torx bolts with it but I have a tub of spare bolts etc, it was for securing the bottom of the window rail, not a big issue. I could have drilled the hole a little bigger but it was easier to get a smaller bolt.
ea50677fe8ad327ae125a6f9d8399eb8.jpg

Reactions: Asahi and norris_309
oh I see, I've not got the spares so will no doubt have to crack the drill out. When I get round to it that is.
Thanks for the warning, saves me wondering what I've wrong!

Take photos of each bolt before removal that way you can refer to them on reassembly, that way you can't go wrong.

Well... being lazy, came back to bite me lol.
I didn't bother changing the window regulator as it's only normally me driving it for work & "I'll do it another day", that was until the weekend.
Went out for the day with the family & decided to give the b6 a run, got to where we were going & the Mrs put the window down!! Damn.
I then couldn't get it back up so couldn't leave the car in a carpark.

I got home, took off the door panel & motor & was able to manually wind the window back up (the cable was hanging out the hole where the motor fits!)
I've ordered a regulator off eBay & they're now £22.
So, lesson learnt.. don't be so damn lazy.
It ruined the day out & I've now had to pay more for the part lol..
I just hope the motor is still ok now after trying to get the window back up!

And it's all fixed if anyone is reading lol.. ebay part fitted perfectly well & works lovely.
So all back up together again., i even treated the door panel to replacement clips as a couple had broken.

Reactions: QuattroCalum
It's always the wife