cheap and interesting mod - 8P3 only

Ash187

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
hey guys,

I have stumbled across this thread when i was looking up some info on the power folding facelift mirrors.
its basically a LED light that is fitted onto the under side of the wing mirror and it comes on with the ch/lh feature.
now it seems that it only works with the MY09 mirrors as the new MY11 mirrors never released the correct trim to get it all working, but as far as i know the MY09 mirrors were the same across the range so the trim should fit onto our A3s that have these dumbo's.

it looks pretty cool and from the prices mentioned on that thread it looks to be really cheap to do. just a fair bit of wiring and messing around.

umfeldbeleuchtungunterseite-23834.jpg

umfeldlinkss-23836.jpg

Reactions: J.R.
My A6 Le Man edition has this in the wing mirrors. Looks awesome!!!

I was gonna look into pullin it's mirror apart to try and work out what was going on.

well that thread explains all the details needed to get it working in our A3's. (i know it has the mod there for the a4 but its the same mirror, only thing is would the wiring be the same and would the coding still apply?)

I would like to think so but I bet it's not.

The coding between my A3 and A6 is very different. The fact one has MMI and one doesn't throws in a few different variables. However did manage to break the Audi security code the other day so I'm yet to explore that avenue.

I was looking at this a few weeks ago ,as my boss has this on his a6 ..
fa083cb4.jpg

its like the puddle lights but it lights up before you get to the car. comes on with the ch/lh feature so when you unlock your car at night and the lights on the front come on, those lights will come on at the same time

I would love to get this Mod ...Great Research Ash..:icon_thumright:..#I'm Just saying...

There Must be a way to get it to work on the A3's .......

Has to be........................

Last edited: