charity bike ride. east to west

superkarl

MAN OF STEEL
Reaction score
hi folks.
id just like to let everyone know that i shall be doing a charity ride to raise money for macmillan cancer support, and would appreciate it if any of you would be so kind as to sponsor me and the team.

The ride is the Trans Pennine Trail, its roughly 215miles going from southport on the west coast, to Hornsea on the East. we will aim to do this in 3 days, starting on friday the 2nd sept, and finishing on sunday 4th sept. its usually advised to do the ride in 4 -5 days, but we are being brave (maybe stupid) and want to do it in 3, starting afterwork on a friday also.

This all came about when a colleague of mine fell ill, and was soon told that she had cancer, she is currently in hospital under going all neccesary treatment, and whilst the mood in work was gloomy, we decided to raise the mood by doing this event to show our love and support for our colleague, and to all the other family and friends that have been affected by the illness.

we have 2 stops planned on the route. the first being a campsite just north of Lymm, off the A57. the second being a campsite in Selby. We have two support vehicles, one van and my S3 (woowoo), who will meet us at our stops with our tents and food ready, and once we reach the other side, load the van up and take us all home (what? you didnt think we were riding back did you?!)

its worth noting that neither of us have done any sort of endurance event before, and we are all a little scared but excited. i myself am a keen mountain biker, but im usually aiming myself downhills, NOT riding solid alllll day long.

If there is anybody who is along the TPT route and would like to join in, feel free to do so!
tell your friends and family and direct them to our just giving page, and come and meet us along the way! if you would like to join, please pm me and we can organise a meet.

please donate here: www.justgiving.com/victorian-plumbing

thankyou for reading, and thankyou for any donations, big or small.
wish us luck.
karl, and the Victorian plumbing team.

Last edited: