Changing suspension to se spec-cost?

razza1

Reaction score
Website
www.maidenhead-systema.co.uk
OK, so this may seem madness to many of you out there..but I may be looking at changing from eibachs to se suspension. All to do with comfort for my wife and kids. The roads are shocking round here so need a less harsh ride.
What kind of cost would I be looking at? Or would someone wanting to upgrade do a swap and cash my way to help fund it?
Is it an easy job to do if you can use a spanner (how long to change them?),or a garage job?
Cheers,just might save me from having to change cars...

OK, so this may seem madness to many of you out there..but I may be looking at changing from eibachs to se suspension. All to do with comfort for my wife and kids. The roads are shocking round here so need a less harsh ride.
What kind of cost would I be looking at? Or would someone wanting to upgrade do a swap and cash my way to help fund it?
Is it an easy job to do if you can use a spanner (how long to change them?),or a garage job?
Cheers,just might save me from having to change cars...

Its not an easy job to to the nature of the suspension on the A4

It cost me around £200-£250 to have my eibachs fitted and it was about 4-5 hours.

dtm should be the same as the s-line special edition (I'm talking about a step back to se ...). People say the eibachs are better comfort than the s-line, but I'm starting to doubt it. Not sure if it's just the springs or full coilover set, will try to find out...

Last edited:
hi razza let me know if you change to se suspension as i could be intrested in your setup. i have se at the moment but looking to go lower with either eibachs or h&r

cheers wayne

think s line dampers are a deep red from memory and if you had coilovers you will know as the strut is threaded with two big locking nuts for the spring ride height .

dav

Is it the sline springs or dampers that create the harsh ride? Or combo of both?
I think I have the sline dampers as sure they were red from memory,so if I fitted the se springs would this be more comfortable without making it wallow around like a barge...?

just got a 2.0tdi se avant and the fellow i bought it off had just had the rear spings done at audi birmingham
and i,m sure it cost well over £300.00 so not cheap i,d avoid the dealers
and the car looks way to high now so i,m wounded