Changing rear pads / disc on A6 3.0 with EPB

QED69

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Just heard that because of the EPB I’ll need to set up with VCDS before replacing has anyone done this and can point me in the right direction for a guide or video ?

Many thanks

Basic settings within EPB, open service mode, close service mode. Easy.

Can be also done with Carista

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did mine two weekends ago. Very simple job.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cheers guys ! Know what I’ll be doing on my days off now !

Module 53 IIRC and then 007 to operate motors.

Currently doing my front pads.

Cheers just ordered Carista have Vcds anyway but thought Carista would be handy for the minor jobs.

You’ll also need pro subscription.

I paid £33.99 for a year (+ 1 month free) but if not wrong, from direct website dongle was £39.99 with years subscription already included.

You’ll also need pro subscription.

I paid £33.99 for a year (+ 1 month free) but if not wrong, from direct website dongle was £39.99 with years subscription already included.

Just got mine from one of the main home shopping companies for £15.99 which I thought was a bargain although I will still need to subscribe yearly after the months trial.

Module 53 IIRC and then 007 to operate motors.

Currently doing my front pads.

Might do mine as well this week along with the discs do you know if there’s a easy way to identify the disc type needed?

Ring your local TPS or measure them.

Ring your local TPS or measure them.

Just got mine from one of the main home shopping companies for £15.99 which I thought was a bargain although I will still need to subscribe yearly after the months trial.
Gave some thought about the subscription again and think I might be wrong with it.

I think, lite version allow you for service access (i.e. parking brake service mode). Before I've purchased the yearly version I checked there and could access it but didn't made any changes.

As long as you have a month trial, it should be fine. Handy tool, tho.

I got it mainly for the Europe headlamp adjustment.

Gave some thought about the subscription again and think I might be wrong with it.

I think, lite version allow you for service access (i.e. parking brake service mode). Before I've purchased the yearly version I checked there and could access it but didn't made any changes.

As long as you have a month trial, it should be fine. Handy tool, tho.

I got it mainly for the Europe headlamp adjustment.

Cheers for the info, think I will see what it can do before I sign up for a subscription just in case it will do what I want without signing up as have Vagcom anyway.

Reactions: KrisKrk