1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Changing out speakers

jordan denton Oct 15, 2018

1. jordan denton

jordan denton New Member

Hi all, I'm buying a a3 3.2 over the weekend and am thinking of what to do about the speakers. In my old a3 2.0tdi I had the standard ones and I can get the bose complete system for about 90 quid. Is this just an easy replace or do you have to run different wires into it at all.
    I know lots have people have mentioned just replace with different speakers but I'm just wamsring as I can get the bose state for so cheap is it a ballache to do.

Cheers in advance.
    Jordan

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. samuelh_888

samuelh_888 Well-Known Member

Don't bother with Bose - go after market. I'm not sure of all the differences, I guess the door wiring will work but don't know about the amp, coding etc

I have Bose and it's not all that - it's actually hindered me in moving to an aftermarket (Android) HU.

4. Genius

Genius Active Member

Don't bother with bose... still crappy paper cone speakers and I doubt any better than the standard blaupunkt, you can get a lot better brand new for less money than the second hand bose stuff.

I did a guide on fitting better speakers in the OEM enclosures I'll see if I can find it

5. Genius

Genius Active Member