Changing numberplate light. HELP

Nimosonen

Reaction score
Hey guys.

My friend wants to change his numberplatelights to LED, but can't get the last cover of, and now the screw is broken. Do you have any suggestions on how to get this off now?

If the screw is broken then a flat headed screwdriver will get this off. Mine broke off.

Have tried with a flat headed, but the screw is so tight. I can't get it to move one bit. But keep in mind, the handle on my flathead was poor..

I used a screwdriver head on a ratchet so you can get leverage and keep the bit straight with the head, I changed the screws for torx head ones after so the tool sits in the head more securely

I´ve tried with a ratchet also. The philips head pattern on the screw is pretty much gone. I want to try the ratchet again, but the flatheaded bitts I have is to big for the screw-head. Went to the store, and could´nt find smaller bits. But I do have a small flat-headed screwdriver. I will try that tomorrow. Her is a pic of the screw.
10904040 10152751261392758 621261346 n

I would persevere with flat bladed screwdriver bits to drive out the knackered screws as the alternative is either drill off the heads or destroy the old light unit to get at the screw stump.

Audi do sell new screws if required.

Thanks for all the advice. We managed to get the screw out! Thanks :)

When replacing, get some decent screws/torx in there, instead of the crappy Audi ones, so it doesn't happen again.

Reactions: Nimosonen