Changing front indicator bulbs 2003 A3

Garf

Reaction score
How easy is it to replace the indicator bulbs on the front lights? Had a look under the bonnet and there doesnt seem to be much room.

Is it a headlight out job? Any advice or guide would be helpful.

cheers

I believe you have to drop the arch liner down and access from the wheel arch.

Yep it's wheelarch liner down (not a particularly hard job BTW) or very very skinny wrists.

yeah done this, jack it up, turn the wheel in, remove the front edge of the wheel arch liner and you should be able to get in. Taking the wheel off gives you more room and seeing its your first time at changing them, i'd advise taking it off!

I wouldn't bother taking the wheel off personally. I've had to get in behind there when taking my bumper off and I simply put full lock on.

make sure you wearing some sleeves too, the wheel arch liner will rip your arms to ribbons if your just wearing a t shirt!

I must have gypsy hands as I found it fairly easy to get my hands in and change the bulbs without going through the wheelarch liner method

Possibly depends on the headlights too as the connector for halogen lookis right in the way but for bi-xenon it's on the top so might not be as much of a problem?

I didnt bother removing arches, loosened headlamps and managed to get hand in! Few scratches though lol