Changing Brakelight bulbs

69COU

Reaction score
Sorry if this sounds liuke a silly question but how do you get to the back of tail lights on our cars. ( Saloon)

Thanks
PC:notme:

First of all get the toolkit out and get the screwdriver ready.

Then in the boot compartment next to the light cluster, peel back the rubber seal to expose the edge of the trim and gently pull back.

You should be able to pull back the trim enough to use the screwdriver to unscrew the single bolt which attaches the light cluster.

The light cluster has the wiring loom attached so gently unclip the lights from the cluster and place the cluster case in the boot whilst you change the lightbulb.

Reassemble and put back together.

Couple of other things.
Big point - do not over tighten when you do it up again.
Small point - on mine there is a small cap on the interior trim whick can be popped open easily enough.

Sorry but this sounds wrong to me too, on my car there is a small round plug you flip open and the 10mm bolt securing the cluster is in there. Then swing the cluster away outwards

That's quite simple, last time my my wife took the car into Audi ( Day after we bought breaklight bulb went) Bill for Part £1.95 Labour £23.75 + Vat Total £30.20 to change a bulb.

Robbers!!!:blackrs4: