Changing 2.0tdi Engine mounts?

AudiA3JJ

Reaction score
I plan on changing all three, left/right and the bushes to the dogbone mount underneath so I'm looking for fitting advise as I can't seem to find much on it?

Also, any advise on the best place to order the parts from (not audi)?

Thanks!

Have a look on Youtube.
Try Mike (mjr901) on parts request at the top of this page, some discount from him and I've bought a few parts through him. You can phone him as well.

Cheers buddy. Nothing conclusive on you tube. A garage wants to charge me £330 to remove the bottom subframe just to fit the two bushes for dog bone mount. Apparently you need a special tool to remove the top Bush. Surely there must be someone on here who has done the job themselves and could advise??

I had all my mounts changed in the summer and the subframe mount is about of a pig to do my m8 did mine and did need to be pressed back in. sub frame didn't need to come out just dropped a little bit . I got all my mounts of ebay replaced with FEBI mounts and the ride is so much better well worth doing it .

Reactions: AudiA3JJ
I'll look into FEBI mounts, thanks. Don't want power flex ones as I've read reports of cabins vibrating on tickover as they're so hard. Was yours a diesel, did it vibrate more?

my bora was a diesel, no extra shake, but i didn't change the dogbone mount, thats where everyone went wrong