1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Changing 2.0tdi Engine mounts?

AudiA3JJ Nov 17, 2015

1. AudiA3JJ

AudiA3JJ Registered User

I plan on changing all three, left/right and the bushes to the dogbone mount underneath so I'm looking for fitting advise as I can't seem to find much on it?

Also, any advise on the best place to order the parts from (not audi)?

Thanks!

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. SootySport

SootySport Registered User

Have a look on Youtube.
    Try Mike (mjr901) on parts request at the top of this page, some discount from him and I've bought a few parts through him. You can phone him as well.

4. AudiA3JJ

AudiA3JJ Registered User

Cheers buddy. Nothing conclusive on you tube. A garage wants to charge me £330 to remove the bottom subframe just to fit the two bushes for dog bone mount. Apparently you need a special tool to remove the top Bush. Surely there must be someone on here who has done the job themselves and could advise??

5. tdi-man

tdi-man Registered User

I had all my mounts changed in the summer and the subframe mount is about of a pig to do my m8 did mine and did need to be pressed back in. sub frame didn't need to come out just dropped a little bit . I got all my mounts of ebay replaced with FEBI mounts and the ride is so much better well worth doing it .

AudiA3JJ likes this.
  6. iamcboy82

iamcboy82 Registered User

7. AudiA3JJ

AudiA3JJ Registered User

I'll look into FEBI mounts, thanks. Don't want power flex ones as I've read reports of cabins vibrating on tickover as they're so hard. Was yours a diesel, did it vibrate more?

8. iamcboy82

iamcboy82 Registered User

my bora was a diesel, no extra shake, but i didn't change the dogbone mount, thats where everyone went wrong