Changed my car! Don't hate me!

biggiep

Reaction score
Well my dad decided because he's not using his car much these days that me and him could share, while there was some value in our cars we traded them in for one newer car and it is stunning. It's A Nov 2008 a5 3.0TDi Quattro Sport (cr), 13k miles, cruise, xenons, LED DRL, Nav, parking sensors etc etc.

Hope you guys approve even if it is a departure from my s3. Pic quality not too good, took them on my HTC Desire, will probably get lots more pics once the weather sorts itself out! I drove there and back to London in a day (from Blackpool) so pretty shattered today after getting up at 4 to set off nice and early Saturday morning. One thing I can say is how incredily relaxing the A5 is to drive, really eats up the miles. Because the 3.0 v6 TDi lump is common rail it really is a good sounding engine with none of the associated diesel rattle of old. The engine is smooth and can genuinely throw your head back in the seat when needed. I'll give another update once I've had it mapped, I've heard a lot of good things about Shark Performance so might go with them?

I also have some 09 3dr rear lights which I took off the s3 (see the last picture). PM me if anyone is interested, would rather someone from the site got them, they are only 4 months old!

My First View at the dealer
IMAG0063.jpg

On the way home
IMAG0064.jpg

And again
IMAG0065.jpg

Starship enterprise
DSC00666.jpg

Sat Nav (now 2011 :sly:)
DSC00659.jpg

DSC00643.jpg

Classy LED DRL on the a5 I think
DSC00675.jpg

The rear lights I had on my s3
DSC00639.jpg

nice choice. best of luck with your new car

Very nice, I`ve never really like these but fell in love with an S5 in Sinclair garage near me, £29,995.

Nice choice mate, I would've def wanted auto in there but lovely motor all the same... Is that Docklands Audi you picked it up from?

Nice choice mate, I would've def wanted auto in there but lovely motor all the same... Is that Docklands Audi you picked it up from?

Yeah picked it up from Docklands, was a nice part of the world!

Thanks for all the responses, one reason I didn't go auto is because only the late 2010 models are s-tronic, up to that point they have been the older tip box. I love manual boxes though so it's not a hardship to me. But my mums DSG TT is quite relaxing when your feeling lazy.

Nice car!! Ive just been given an A4 from local dealer and will be driving it for month or so instead of my A3 until they deliver my brothers A3 Black Edition. One thing i really like about the car thats the same as the A5 is the cabin and the sat nav with all the buttons situated around the gear stick.
Takes a bit of getting used to pressing buttons down there and the handbrake being a small lever is strange.

I too was concerned about not having a handbrake! But the fact that it switches off as soon as you set off in gear it goes off! I was thinking you had to press it off every time!

Been out again today and cannot believe how refined it is, might have to get the miltek system for a totally none diesel growl!

YouTube - Milltek Audi A5 3.0 TDi - sound like a diesel?

What sort of mpg do you get from the 3.0 TDi on motorway runs and around town ?

Might be tempted to make a similar move at some point in the future.

Gorgeous looking car, I love these. Also wanted the 3.0 tdi when I was looking but couldnt find one I liked. Bet you are a very happy bunny!....

The A5 Quattro TDi is a great car. We have had one for nearly 3 years now 'in the garage' .. 40+ Mpg 0-62 in 5.9 = 0-60 in 5.7 and they drive superbly... get B&O and Nav and you are sorted.. 19in Y spokes Advanced Ket and toys and they are Audi Heaven...

Good luck:blackrs4:

What sort of mpg do you get from the 3.0 TDi on motorway runs and around town ?

Might be tempted to make a similar move at some point in the future.

I got 44.1 on DIS in some very very windy conditions doing a steady 74 on cruise and a sprint start at toll road haha! Most amazing thing is the quietness of this car, having done the trip in the s3 and then swapping to this it was like two different worlds.

One thing I will say is make sure you try and get the common rail version of the engine if you go for it as it's much quieter than the a6 3.0tdi i tested ages back in preston.

Thanks for all the great comment they are appreciated, I was worried i'd hate not having the s3 but this is a different car and one which you can see why people would be happy to spend almost 45-50 k on specced up models.

Now comes the hard task of getting a good enough job to fund an RS5 :-D

biggiep :) good job changing to diesel :) my dad had this a year ago
DSC02490.jpg

i got the chance to drive it once or twice and they are a real mean machine :)

s5 is such a lovely car! But petrol is rocketing and the diesel remapped is pretty much as quick and there isn't much you can do to the s5 but damn do they sound amazing! The RS5 even more so.

Just to let you know I think the lights have now sold, I have kept the PM's incase deal falls through, I have been totally fair and offered it in order of people contacting me and am happy they will be going to a fellow AS member.

Update on the car.... fantastic, really amazing to drive and the handling is phenomenal even in these shocking weather conditions. Even right in the middle of town am averaging 32MPG and I most certainly could not say that for the s3 haha I do miss the s a little though, but then I sit back in the A5 seat and wonder how I ever drove anything else! Only one hiccup and tha seems to be the dealer forgot to code the cruise control fully as it doesn't cut off when you put the clutch down unless it's meant to be different from the a/s3?

Thanks
Richard

What's with Audi and releasing quattro's in manual only sometimes! Done that with the A3 range I wanted a quattro with DSG 2.0TDi nothing except new shape ones... alas... lol! Anyway mate, it's a fine specimen you have there and they drive really nicely for a diesel. I was most impressed! Docklands Audi is a decent dealership with some cool guys there. Parts dept are nice people but take forever, haha! Enjoy mate!!

Marnie you old man has good taste in car's and colour!!