Change of plans

RYuill

Reaction score
So, due to some bad news at work yesterday I will no longer be taking delivery of the RS3.

I still have my job which is good but days offshore will be minimal.

So anyone looking for a Cat red RS3 with excellent spec there is one available in Dundee. If anyone wants more info send me a PM.

I am now looking to order a VW Golf Edition 40 which should be available in a few month. It's will be around 28k base price so 33k probably after some added spec. Quite a saving.

b6e357e8bd45db0b69c67d5633725b6f.jpg

0c13f28898ee83b2d1b40cc73bc5a579.jpg

01ab4730c0d36f21109f2dd62f19c8c5.jpg

770c541e638f7d2cc9c5345bf5d066fc.jpg

0869af6b843fdd5955b77d8d5935e39f.jpg

It's no RS3, but it will do the job.

Wish you all the best and enjoy your motors.

Cheers
Rickie

Reactions: M507, 45bvtc, jimojameso and 1 other person
Ah that is not good news mate!! Really sorry to hear that!!! :(.. good news you still have job tho!!

Loved the look of your car too!!

But if the golf looks as good in flesh as those images above then tbh you are on to a winner. Looks nice!!.

Reactions: RYuill
It's sitting there waiting on you Andy lol. No waiting time. Could collect next week.

Reactions: lucas-suisse and AndyB-S3
oh dear mate - sorry you won't be taking delivery of your RS3 ........ especially after all that wait !

That Golf looks ****** nice though - is that an offical release thats coming ? Got any details or links ?

Sorry to hear about your job. It's only a car at the end of the day! That new gti looks awesome btw!! :)

oh dear mate - sorry you won't be taking delivery of your RS3 ........ especially after all that wait !

That Golf looks ****** nice though - is that an offical release thats coming ? Got any details or links ?

Yea official release

e3c3511b86c4ddf265cdc18f7506ffa0.jpg

Loads of info on Google

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
So, due to some bad news at work yesterday I will no longer be taking delivery of the RS3.

So anyone looking for a Cat red RS3 with excellent spec there is one available in Dundee. If anyone wants more info send me a PM.

I am now looking to order a VW Golf Edition 40 which should be available in a few month. It's will be around 28k base price so 33k probably after some added spec. Quite a saving.

Cheers
Rickie

Ive always preferred the look of the GTI to the Golf R-the interior looks incredible-are the seats an option?
Did you lose deposit on the RS3?
Were you not a March delivery?

Ive always preferred the look of the GTI to the Golf R-the interior looks incredible-are the seats an option?
Did you lose deposit on the RS3?
Were you not a March delivery?

Not sure about the seats, I think the wheels are an option though.

Yea, was due for a March collection, my works not due to pick up again until Q3/Q4 so don't want to be struggling until then.

If I was a single lad I would be , but have the family to think about now.

Reactions: Princess RS3
I think you're going to end up with a better car.
Really like the look of these, you know they'll go round a corner very well.

Family always first!!!!

I think you're going to end up with a better car.
Really like the look of these, you know they'll go round a corner very well.

Family always first!!!!

Yea, I'm loving the look of it. Just won't have that crackle n pop.

Think it's only FWD as well.

Yea, I'm loving the look of it. Just won't have that crackle n pop.

Think it's only FWD as well.

FWD with a diff and decent suspension set up and it will fly round corners with a better feel than most Haldex "AWD" cars.

Certainly trumps the RS3 in the looks department, and those seats look very good.
Sure you won't have the exhaust note, or straight line speed, but everything else is better (on paper and in picture) IMO.
Great choice.

Might have to test one of there is one available up here.

Cheers
Rickie

RYuill,

Sorry to hear about the work status. When you say Offshore do you mean on the rigs?

If so we are feeling the crunch here ( OZ) due to the low price of a barrel. Its great news when you are filling up a thirsty car at the pump, but bad news when it affects your work. Double edge sword.

I actually prefer the body shape of the Golf, and its a manual!!!

My friend wrote something the other day that said " if a problem can be solved by money, then its not really a problem" To put this it into context it was about a friends terminally sick child.

Keep us posted on the purchase :)

Kind regards

Reactions: Gazwould and RYuill
RYuill,

Sorry to hear about the work status. When you say Offshore do you mean on the rigs?

If so we are feeling the crunch here ( OZ) due to the low price of a barrel. Its great news when you are filling up a thirsty car at the pump, but bad news when it affects your work. Double edge sword.

I actually prefer the body shape of the Golf, and its a manual!!!

My friend wrote something the other day that said " if a problem can be solved by money, then its not really a problem" To put this it into context it was about a friends terminally sick child.

Keep us posted on the purchase :)

Kind regards

Yea, work on rigs throughout the North Sea, things are just terrible just now. Hopefully it will pick up soon.

That's how I'm looking at it, it's only s car at the end of the day.

Here's a link to a video

Not sure what happened with your work ( i might have read it somewhere but forgot lol) Not sure i could move over to the golf, does nothing for me even though the inside looks alright but hope your happy with it in every way.

Love hot hatches, and there's not much else around just now.

Civic type r - looks horrible
Focus RS - wife hates it.
Golf R - brother has one.
A45 AMG - Around the same £ as the RS3.
Leon Cupra - quite like but not as much as the golf.
S3 - Current car and fancy a change.

I have always liked the Golf's. Not as much as the RS3 mind you.

The Golf GTI is an icon and has lots of kudos with anyone who knows about cars.
I'm in a 3 mt old M3 at the minute and would be more than happy to drive a gti at any time and especially if times were a bit tougher. I don't really see it as a step down. Basically just a change to another legendary car much like the RS3 will be.I would even be happy in the GTD as I think it looks great too.
Anyhow just my opinion.

In normal driving, the car generates 261bhp. However, that can be boosted by 25bhp in 10-second bursts by simply flooring the throttle.

How does this work? So its has 286bhp?

From what I have read it uses the kick down switch to give you the over boost feature.

10 seconds of 286bhp. Not sure exactly how it works though. Hopefully I can extend that time with VCDS. Saying that, I don't thing I can recall a time where I have had my foot planted to the floor for longer than 10 seconds.

Looks like a fun car to drive though.

Last edited:
Foot planted all the way down at every quarter mile straight! Thats when your do it so everyday :D

Sounds like what the Fiesta ST has with over boost on there 1.6 turbo, this sounds a very similar thing. Should still be a great car.

Hey mate. Sorry just seen this tag...tapatalk is crap just now on phone and rarely works..

Not sure if you seen my instagram comment but no i never bought it. I am getting rubbish trade in value and the cost to change is stupid money that i can't justify spending with only driving 6.4miles a day now. Lol.

I can however justify spending a fraction of the cost to change and get an AMG C63 coupe. Cheapest going about just now are about £27k.. or there is an M3 too.. think prefer sound of C63 tho. ;)

Any news on the Golf?

I love the c63 AMG. Much prefer it to the M3.

I have put a deposit down on the Golf, I have been told March for choosing spec etc.

I'm starting to question it now, not so much the car, just the wait. I want something now lol

Reactions: AndyB-S3
Yeah i think i prefer the C63 too but can get an older m3 with no cost to change whereas merc would be a few k..albeit a newer reg tho.. decisions decisions. Ha.

That's a long wait to just choose spec..how long after for delivery?

Hmm long wait bud. Looks a tidy car bud so may be worth it. :)