Change battery location (not battery replacement) - 2014 A4 B8.5 Allroad 2.0 TFSI 225

Pinifarina

Reaction score
Hi guys,

So, when i bought my B8.5 Allroad, i was amazed with the amount of s**t Audi decided to put in the place where a spare wheel should be instead.
Let's see: Jack (dont know what for, without a spare), Air compressor, Battery, Subwoofer and Towing ball.

My purpose is to empty that full space. I dont mind to keep it all in my garage, apart from the battery, obviously.

So, does anyone know a guy who did it, or knows any DIY or have any suggestions for a new place for the battery?
I believe the left inside panel in the trunk (behind and above rear left wheel) would be an interesting option, but that 320cm 80ah huge battery can be a problem, so maybe get a smaller equivalent battery is also a possibility.

Anyway, would appreciate your comments :)

Cheers!
IMG 8851   Cpia

IMG 8851

IMG 8853

IMG 8855

Are you sure you're not just missing the space saver wheel? I've got a 2012 Allroad, 18" alloys with a space saver wheel. What exactly is it you want to achieve by moving the battery? Sounds like a lot of work for very little gain.

You're going to need the jack and compressor if you ever need to swap a tyre, and importantly the battery, assuming the car has start-stop technology which it should, it needs decent grunt to turn over the diesel engine, unless its a TFSI, but would have thought the battery would be very similar.

Edited:

What you're saying makes sense. Though, that isn't what I'm looking for.
I should have mentioned before that my purpose is to convert to LPG, with a donut lpg tank in the spare wheel space :whistle2:
Just like in the following pictures.
Regarding the battery, yes, it is big. If there is the need, there are others smallers in size, but with same power.

Captura de Ecr 1503

Captura de Ecr 1504

Captura de Ecr 1505

Last edited: