CGLC 170bhp oil capacity

Chris90

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Got a oil and filter change due on my Audi this weekend but was wondering what the oil capacity is including the filter

Thanks

Chris

Put 4 litres in. Go for a run to get it hot. Check the oil level display and you will probably have to put half a litre in.

Or pour all 5 litres in and dont worry about oil level until next oil change.

Mine took near enough the full 5L ..CGLC.

Just been for a test drive in a car at an Audi dealership. It had just had a service. After taking it for a run and parking up I checked the service display then the oil level, was showing overfull. But it ran OK.

Reactions: GAS MONKEY
Never good. I see you can measure the oil level with VCDS, which shows a reading in MM. But god knows what its meant to be!

Its 5L but they may have sucked the oil out of the dipstick but never got all the oil out ,on this you have to know what you are doing ,
My last car was over filled but run ok ,but it had over 1.5 L over fill ran ok , I know this because it went in for a new battery ,battery had to get coded in to car dealership flaged it up
Take it back and get them to check it , worst case an over filled diesel depending on how much can run of its own oil , it sucks up its own oil and you cant turn of engine it runs full bore , its blow up time seen 2 cars two date :scared2:

Yes, heard of an upside down Discovery do that. they had to let it smoke itself to death.....

ram it into a high gear and stamp on the brakes. Got to stall the engine manually to stop them. The damage it causes is questionable.

Luckily I have a laser adjustable dipstick, but the MMI has a mind of its own at times and is never accurate

I would hope the dealer used a dipstick. I will check it with my dipstick when I finally get the car home. They are busy sorting out some paintwork issues before I give them the cash. How someone can inflict so much damage on a car in less than 12 months astonishes me.

4.7(UK) Litres/5(US) Quartz on the CAHA 2.0 170, from the above comments looks to be same capacity.

I put 5L and it showed about 12mm on my laser dipstick. Put a bit more in and took it up to about 25mm on the dipstick. however, when cold, car says oil level is OK. but noticed the other day it told me to drain oil after the oil was hot and had drained a bit. Other than that once, its been ok. and always showed as level ok.

Why cant audi be simple and just give us a dipstick.

It would be good if someone knew the oil level in mm thats shown in VCDS, as then could use that to fill the oil level up to...when cold obliviously.